Unrecognised

Unrecognised

A Story by Whisty_x
"

A short, descriptive piece. Not much and not my best, but gets across a lot in a little description and allows your mind to wonder.

"

The air begins to flake away. 


Hostile rain eradicates all oxygen within my cell, maintaining the feeling of concern in the midst of its virtue. Fearless clouds plunder the sky. As if permanently painted, the heavens wear a deep shade of purple; the sun reluctant, not wanting to witness the barbaric events planned of the day in waiting. In the distance, the innocent ring of the church bells summon six o'clock across the town. My ears turn the sweet chimes into blunt claws mutilating my existence with every sound. 


Realisation taunts me. My lungs drop, my head descends, my world turns slower as my heart beats faster in a desperate attempt to push my ribcage out of the barricade that my skin creates. My mind fumbles into a frantic flurry of emotions. I collapse to the ground, wishing for this day to be over before it has even begun. 

© 2017 Whisty_x


Author's Note

Whisty_x
What do you think is happening?
What do you think they have done?
What do you think they are going to do?

Please let me know of any improvements! x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's great passion in your writing. But, where's the emotion beckoning to the reader? Wondering if it could be a birth of some sort or heralding an eclipse, end of the world? Guess I'm a lousy reviewer could seems obscure.. sad though, cos there are seeds of something great and good here. ' The air begins to flake away. ~ Hostile rain eradicates all oxygen within my cell, maintaining the feeling of concern in the midst of its virtue.'

Posted 6 Years Ago


Whisty_x

6 Years Ago

I haven't finished it yet dont worry :) I was just testing the waters to see whether people enjoyed .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017
Tags: Love, Pirates, Short, Short Story, Romance, Fiction

Author

Whisty_x
Whisty_x

Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, United Kingdom



About
Casual writer who mainly uses this platform to express my emotions with a hint of experimentation in writing. I tend to write stylised/absurdist scripts, however I am trying to branch out into oth.. more..

Writing
Granddad Jonathan Granddad Jonathan

A Stage Play by Whisty_x



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..