A Dialogue scene

A Dialogue scene

A Story by
"

I'm just trying out a scene between a couple of my characters that occurs later on in my story. I just had this idea and wanted to get it down on paper.

"

 

Ryan turned and faced Lindsey.

 “You know you’re gonna need a bug.” He smiled at her knowingly.

“Oh no, don’t you even think about -” she began.

“Ha hah. Yes, you need a bug. It’s time to go see Simon.” He smirked and tail-marched her towards the direction of Simon’s office.

~

“Lindsey! Ah, how oh-so-very nice to see you again,” Simon’s sarcastic words dripped out. He smiled a fake, cheesy grin at her. Lindsey mumbled something in reply.

“What was that? Oh! You need another bug. And so soon, too. I think I have ju-ust the thing.”

He was just about to close the door when Rachael walked in.

“Sorry, am I interrupting something?”

“No, not at all. Lindsey is just going to get her bug installed. It won’t take long.”

Rachael hurriedly closed the door.

 “What?!” Lindsey said.

“I am not chasing you around half of the building again, Lindsey. This time is going to be quick and probably painless,” she pointed out strongly.

Lindsey gulped.

“Yeah. Right.”

Simon approached her with a sharp implement and pulled on his white gloves.

“Come ‘ere.”

Lindsey winced and gave a small moan.

“Stop being a wimp! He placed one of his hands on her far shoulder and got ready to inject the bug behind her ear and into her scalp.

“Now, if you’re especially good for Mommy, she might even give you a lollipop.”

“Ohhh…spy technology improves in so many ways…why can’t we have upgrades in thi-”
Pop! The device projected the miniature missile into Lindsey’s head.

“Ow! Ow! Ooooowwww!” she whined.

 “ Well done, sweetie!” Simon crowed in his best British accent. He pulled a purple lollipop out of his pocket and tried to rip its plastic wrapper from the sticky surface. Not quick enough with his actions, Simon’s efforts were interrupted when a sulking Lindsey snatched her prized lollipop from his hands and tore off the wrapper.

 “Have you sucked this?” she growled suspiciously at him.

© 2009


Author's Note

This is just meant to be a dialogue, nothing more. I need comments about what you think of it and if it is interesting or not. Grammar I can deal with. Comments on style please! Btw, the background to this dialogue is that Lindsey is going undercover to spy on some criminals. She needs a listening device on her somehow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this, the style is good and I like the word usage, I just got kind of confused when Lindsey came in and where Ryan went, but other than that its good :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 1, 2009

Author


Writing
My Tree and Me My Tree and Me

A Poem by


Wonder Wonder

A Poem by


Horses Horses

A Poem by