Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Sleepless Nights

Sleepless Nights

A Poem by YoungT
"

this is something that happened to me and i only knew how to describe it through words

"
I speak only to be heard. Listen to my sentences; visualize every word. I lay at night on a pillow filled with tears. Silence comes when I speak as if no one hears. Yelling only to hope someone will listen to my call. No one responds; no voices at all. Chained down to no movement; no escape. I was once the witness of a brutal rape. 
I cried so loud I almost lost my voice. Just wanted to leave, but didn't have a choice. So I laid back with the cold chains bruising my body. As they took turns I saw each set of eyes looking down on me. The faces of men I can’t forget. No pleasure came so I couldn't get wet. Beat until movement was not apart of me. Visions play in my head of memories I see. Stop, play, fast forward, and rewind. Images steady show themselves in my mind. Couldn't set myself free no matter how hard I tried. They kept going as if they heard silence while I cried. 
Accomplishment is what they wanted to achieve. Taking the innocence out of me; not giving me a chance to leave. After they were done they just stared at me. Viewed me up and down after violating me violently. Without speaking to a soul, I went home that day. Prayed to god so that he could take the pain away. Felt as if even he didn't listen. Now I walk around with a part of me missin. Virginity doesn't easily come and go. I thought I had an option of saying yes or no. Now I reminisce of each one’s face. Slowly wait to fade from this place.

© 2013 YoungT


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet mother of God, not sure how to review this, but it was raw, real and made me want to fall to the knees and pray.

Posted 10 Years Ago


YoungT

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you can feel the emotion within it.
NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Different style of talent ... Very good but rated for mature ... Thanks for sharing
YoungT

10 Years Ago

Thank you how very much for the comment

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013
Tags: rape, young t, emotion, deep

Author

YoungT
YoungT

Glendale, AZ



About
A young spoken word artist. I am from Phoenix, Arizona. My Pen name is Young T. I tend to write dark meaningful spoken word. more..

Writing
Fresh Fresh

A Story by YoungT


Memories Memories

A Poem by YoungT