Nymira

Nymira

A Chapter by Yui Tarsis
"

Distant, mute and probably sweet(<3) this is Nymira!

"
Nymira



  D****t. That spell won't hold them off long enough... I'm just as good as dead in this condition...


  "I think she got away!" One of them call out from afar.

  Paranoid b******s. Just because I use witch magic doesn't mean anything...! 

  "Search everywhere! We will kill this monster!" Another yells, much closer.

  I stand slowly, rushing through the bushes as silently as I can, and clutch Reisys like he's the only thing I have left. Then again, that wasn't much of a lie.

  A branch snaps behind me, and I hear more murmuring. I turn on a heel, and notice a



Spirit(?)




  Cyree had a fair amount of burn marks and scratches to last a life time.

  "Hey, Soul?" She asks.

  He gives her the stink eye.

  "Why's that girl staring at me?"

  "She's Jackie. She's, uh, not a people person..." He turns over and points to a boy. "Oh, that's Jake, she's Jamie and that's Kyra." Soul goes on, naming more and more names that I don't care about. I'm off in la-la land, and suddenly a thought comes to mind.

  Kyra... why does that seem so familiar? I think. It only takes me a second to draw the line.

  "Oh, s**t." I say quietly.

  "Did something happen?" Soul asks.

  "I'm so f*****g dead..."

  "Spirit?"

  I turn toward him. "Open the door- wall- whatever the f**k it is!"

  "Wha- Spirit, you can't! That's suicide! The Mods are still out there!"

  "Count how many f***s I give!"

  "Wowza, where are we going?" Cyree asks.

  "Who said it was 'we' going?" I ask.

  "Aw, almost getting killed by the big bad dragon wasn't enough to make us buddies? That's too bad."

  "Spirit, it'd be better to stay here, really." Soul says.

  "It'd be better if you kissed my rear end. If you'd please, I'd like to get out now."

  "No offence Soul, but I agree. This place is  c r e e p y  in more ways than I can count. All the people here look like vampires and I've gotten more glares than ever."

  "Wonder why that is..." He mutters. "If you two are going, I'm coming too. I won't let anyone else lose their memories again."

  "Whatever."

  He opens the... entrance...? We all step out back into "reality." I march off into the first direction I think of, and the others follow.



Nymira



  group of two girls and a boy. The girl in the lead has hair, black as the orb on her staff, with purple eyes filled with annoyance. The girl on her side has hair similarly dark, but just not as... threatening. Her eyes were gray, and she had dark skin. The last was a boy, who looked so similar to the girl in the lead that they could be siblings. They probably were. He had white hair and yellow eyes, but the features they shared were uncanny.

  I stood in the shadows, unbeknownst by them.

  "Well, I think we're officially lost." The girl with gray eyes says with a sigh. The girl with purple eyes just glares at her maybe-relative.

  "Who would've known? Oh, right. Me. I told you we should've gone left, Soul! This is why I don't travel for anyone anymore..." She says angrily. The boy- Soul- just gives her an apologetic smile.

  "Being a little prissy princess won't fix anything, Spirit. Let's just go left and see where the magical woods of Narnia take us." The other girl says with an exasperated sigh. The first girl glares at her for a second, but then turns left. The other two follow.

  Which leads them right into my hunters.

  The hunters gasp at the sight of the trio, taking out their weapons. The trio don't even budge at the sight of them, seeming more tired than anything.

  "Hello, good fellows. Would you mind moving out of our way?" The girl with gray eyes says in a dry tone.

  "You haven't seen the witch out here, have you?" One of the crazier ones ask.

  "Listen bud. We don't care about your superstitions or anything. We're lost, cold, and out of f***s to give. So please don't bug us anymore than you have." Leader says.

  "You dare challenge us?!" The leader of the group asks, clearly trying too hard to seem medieval. "Deceivers! Kneel before us!"

  Gray-Eyes yawns. Leader fixes her hair idly as the boy wipes something off his sword.

  "I said kneel!" The leader shrieks, charging at Leader with his sword held in a very poor position for a one-on-three.

  That's when the battle begins.


© 2017 Yui Tarsis


Author's Note

Yui Tarsis
Nymira is Wølfy's character.
After looking back to see if my descriptions matched the ones I put in here, I realized something. My writing is way too fast-paced. I always know what's gonna happen next, so I always rush to get to the better parts. Seeing how that's a problem, I've decided that I'm gonna try and re-write the entire story as it stands so far to make it a bit more detailed. This is gonna mean even longer update gaps, but it'll also give me time to think of bigger and better ideas for where the story'll go! Thanks for reading so far everyone, and I'll talk to you all soon!
Here's where the update ends! If you have any suggestions for me to update on the other chapters- or this one- then please tell me! Time for the story to go forward again!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yo. I don't know if you're still writing this as it's from a year ago. I discovered this story from your contest while I was searching contests. I love stories that are trapped in game, so I immediately picked this up. Not to mention, it's interactive too, making it all the better. I once tried making an interactive story, but then I got busy, and it got dumped to the side.
Anyway, I love the way you write--it's seriously so amusing, and I love the humor and personality that shines with each character's take on their bleak situation.
With that said, the skipping of the POV's was a bit confusing after Soul's chapter. Before that I followed the story just fine. I once wrote a story that skipped POV's in order to hide events that occurred to the reader. But I got a nice piece of advice from another writer: use third person.
And so, I pass this onto you. Ever since then it's made a world of difference. You can still go deeply into the characters and their thoughts. Additionally, because this is a MMORPG, it might make more sense too as the Moderators and readers are essentially looking down at/into this world.
Lastly, since this is an interactive story, now that you have a few characters to work with, the audience engagement could be decision making rather than character making. Before events that need new characters occur, you could ask a chapter or more in advance. This is just a suggestion as it gives you more time to write.

On a personal side note, Spirit reminds me of my first OC. She had black hair and purple eyes too. She also had a similar personality in her confident quietness.. Good memories lol.

All in all, I enjoyed your story, and I hope you are continuing! :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Spirit is definitely an interesting character

Posted 7 Years Ago


Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

That was intentional~
I'm working on an update for Spirit's chapter I'm proud of right now, s.. read more
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

7 Years Ago

yeah don't get me wrong cliff hangers are good but you know readers its killing me ;)
Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

Glad to hear you're enjoying my story! I was kind of shy to start posting this on here out of the bl.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2017
Last Updated on March 21, 2017
Tags: Science Fiction, Humor, Drama, Romance, Mystery, MMO, MMORPG


Author

Yui Tarsis
Yui Tarsis

FL



About
I'm creative, I love dogs and drawing. Anime is basically my life next to- of course- writing. I love something new at all times and enjoy others work just as much as my own! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yui Tarsis


Virtua Virtua

A Book by Yui Tarsis