Fragrance of Love

Fragrance of Love

A Poem by Md. Ziaul Haque
"

Love-poem

"

Can you smell the fragrance of love in the air?

It like the presence of Aphrodite and Eros is just there,

Escape from it is not achievable,

Since it will bathe you with the smell.

 

Love is life, the unseen spirit,

That like Salim and Anarkali almost everyone tries to meet,

Fortunate they are who have the bliss,

Of love in their hearts as a niche.

 

If love is a country then the lovers its citizens,

Where the fragrance of love makes all the difference,

The nonsense gain sense and the ordered ones seem foolish,

This is the magic of love opening the doors of change, coolish.

 

It is love that binds us all with one heart,

The way the universe hates to let things fall apart,

As Shah Jahan and Mumtaz’s love does indicate its omnipresence!     

Lovers reach it no matter how near they are, whatever the distance.

 

Love cannot truly be defined,

Neither can it be translated,

It can only be felt as did Layla and Majnun,

Love was, is and will love be even if different is the dawn!

© 2014 Md. Ziaul Haque


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love is everything, yet it is undefinable... There is such tender, sweet truth in your magical words.. The flow was exquisite and the rhymes subtle and pleasing.. It didn't knock me over the head with emotion or take my breath away, but it was gentle like a loving caress that tickled my mind and soothed the soul.. very nice..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Md. Ziaul Haque

9 Years Ago

So nice of you for such wonderful words. Thank you so much.
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.. It was my pleasure.



Reviews

I really enjoyed this. So I will just get out of my chest the intellectual side so I can continue to enjoy it. It is one thing to describe the permanence and immanence of love which covers like 97% of your writing yet you decided to invoke from all goddess and dieties Eros? and Aphrodite? the archetypes for sensual love and beauty I can't quite see them fitting especially becuase it would be very wise to escape from them... . I got that our of the way and the rest is a description of the presence of love and it effects and more than ever how much we need to be able to understand it and practice it.

Lovingly that is.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


The mention of Salim and anarkali,laila and majnu,mumtaz and shahjahan was a dive into the past to bring into surface the everlasting and sacrificial love of theirs.. Yes we can't know when we fall for someone,when we lose our heart to someone still that is the most cherished feeiling in this entire universe.The way laila and majnu laid down their own lives for love's sake is commendable.. lovely write indeed. :)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Excellent capture of the philosophies of love. Love is the nutrient of life without it the flesh can live on but the spirit dies. My fellow poet brother i am in anticipation of your posting of further great works.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i liked it..the way you have related everything with it..the nature..countries, citizens...people...soft definition of love..n you are right love cant be defined...waiting for your writes ..thanks for the share:)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Md. Ziaul Haque

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much indeed. I appreciate your review a lot.
Love is everything, yet it is undefinable... There is such tender, sweet truth in your magical words.. The flow was exquisite and the rhymes subtle and pleasing.. It didn't knock me over the head with emotion or take my breath away, but it was gentle like a loving caress that tickled my mind and soothed the soul.. very nice..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Md. Ziaul Haque

9 Years Ago

So nice of you for such wonderful words. Thank you so much.
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.. It was my pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
5 Reviews
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: Love, Romance

Author

Md. Ziaul Haque
Md. Ziaul Haque

Sylhet, Bangladesh



About
Md. Ziaul Haque is originally from Zakiganj, Sylhet, Bangladesh. He is a poet, epic writer, writer, academic, thinker, songwriter, short story writer, reviewer, columnist, essayist, researcher and sch.. more..

Writing