In Search Of�.

In Search Of�.

A Poem by Amanda
"

...an observation

"

 

 

In Search Of….

 

In the search for the perfect love

Is there any such thing?

In the age of cyber everything,

Whatever happened to the real time?

 

Spending time together,

Getting to know each other,

Learning to love

The old fashioned way

 

On the World Wide Web,

Lies, half truths be told

To attract the lonely,

The brokenhearted,

Sometimes falling victim

To the predators waiting…

 

This is not always the case,

In rare circumstances

Honesty prevails,

The wonders of love

Proliferate and become real

Bridging distance and time…

 

Cynicism aside,

This is just an observation

Having been on the other side

In the search for the ‘perfect love’

Optimism overcomes the doubt

The journey continues

 

Maybe someday I will find

What I am looking for…

 

 

Agtovar  26 aug 2009

© 2009 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
just my musings on the subject of love. relationships come and go, whether it be on the net or in real life. this is just my opinion after a long distance relationship that didn't work out...nothing more. tell me what you think. AT

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

On the World Wide Web,

"Lies, half truths be told

To attract the lonely,

The brokenhearted,

Sometimes falling victim

To the predators waiting�"

beautiful write...yeah!most of long distance relation don't last forever..and it's very easy for some to fool on internet... :)

great work...^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your writing here is very fine, the picture is lovely..

Human beings can be selfish, cruel and thoughtless. The screen is what it is, it screens us from one world to another and the gullible and trusting can be hurt, really hurt.

So what do we do, hide away from any form of life, live with suspicion, stop sharing with other folk or - alternatively, just shrivel up and die? Sadly, life hurts sometimes, in all forms.. we just have to keep trust, cross fingers, learn each time we get hurt but... live.

Your proem is very thought-provoking. I'm a trusting person, in both this and the real world, but reading your lines over and over has made me think ... so far I've been so lucky in the people I've 'met' online - and I'm so very sorry for you, for anyone, who's been hurt by an online friendship. Maybe the real world is the best place for a real relationship but, who knows what's around the corner when the finger hits the key.

Take care, please take lots of care.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
You are right! The internet is smoke and mirrors. Albeit interesting ones. Real relationships are secreted within the layers of the real world. This sweet appealing poem is evidence of this. Just how difficult it is when real people are met with nose to nose. Why if you lived around the corner we could have such a chat about this. So much happier than typing!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


In the search for the 'perfect love'
Optimism overcomes the doubt
The journey continues


Maybe someday I will find
What I am looking for�


That was such a beautiful piece of writing..Heartbreaking yet beautiful.
This has to be one of the most deep and true piece of writing which I have ever read about "love"
Some people finds love very easily, while some not...
Some finds it from world wide web, while some in the apartment next door.
Its very strange, but this is what love is all about...
isn't it?

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was great. i really enjoyed reading this. daedal word choice. please check this story out and tell me what you think http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/zzjordan89zz/450998/

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh, wow! Such a change in tone as your poem goes. Within the hatred, lies and abuse, there are those who seek to give true love and it can be reached. I like your poem of hope, it's reassuring.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Long distance is tough and yes on the computer it is easy to fool someone but it can be done in person too... in any relationship honesty is the key so no matter the situation it will fail without it. Nicely done and expressed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


On the button. There must be millions of people who become infatuated online. Most will never find anything real from it. Most will not get a little singed but not suffer too much lasting damage. But some will suffer terribly. And some will find what they are looking for. If we don't look we don't find. But we must look with our eyes open to the shallowness of the internet. A bit like panning for gold? Your poem captures the whole experience perfectly.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think you have captured the scenario of long distance dating with both finesse and truth! It is so often the way to find a "friend" today, but I do wonder how many actually work in the end. It is usually only the face to face encounter that reveals to us the final curtain call, so to say.

Your write is well crafted, and the pic is just awesome! I like the way your thoughts are formed into verses.

Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

464 Views
9 Reviews
Added on August 26, 2009

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda