It's Party Time

It's Party Time

A Story by alanwgraham
"

Your worst fears catch up with you

"

It’s Party Time


I’m sitting at my keyboard at this very instant typing this and you might think it’s a work of fiction but it’s not. It’s a message for 'you' and as you read it will gradually dawn on you that you're the chosen one. You might not be the only one reading this but I know you are certain to be be reading it and I know that once you start you’ll have to finish. I also know that others might be reading this in perfect innocence but I’m prepared to accept a degree of collateral damage - too bad, but that's life!

 

I’ve had years to study your every move - I’ve planted more bugs than you’ll find on a spider’s web - not an email, a phone call or an intimate chat escapes me. I'm that invisible everyman, next to you at the checkout, having a coffee behind you in Costa's, sitting opposite in the tube. You might think that this is just another scribble on this writers website but I’ve really posted it here just for you. I’ve done my research - I know that this is just what you’ll choose to read. I’ve got all the right tags on it to draw you in.


It’s about my special present to you for what happened that day many years ago … no, I’m not going to spell it out for you. For me it’s like yesterday and there isn’t a day goes past that I don’t think about what you did. It’s made me the person I am today and the ironic thing is that I’m sure that you’ve never spent a second feeling sorry for how you have ruined my life.

 

It’s about what’s going to happen to you one night. It might be tonight. It might not - but you’re not going to sleep much! And if it’s not tonight it might be tomorrow and I can tell you, you won’t sleep much tomorrow night either. It could be the next night and you’ll be so tired by then that you might drop off. But that’s one thing you don’t want to do. You really, really don’t want to fall asleep.


But it is going to happen. It is going to happen!


Cross your heart and hope to die.

Stick a needle in your eye 

You will hope to die! I promise.


Just imagine that you have just listened to **** on your music system and enjoyed a glass of your favourite malt *****   You’ve been to the bathroom, taken your pills for **** and brushed your teeth with the **** coloured brush. Now you’re lying in bed wearing those ridiculous **** pyjamas. Some of my readers might be thinking by now - well it can’t be me, can it. And you might be thinking ‘well, most people do that on the way to bed, don’t they?’  OK, here's a little clue - let’s say it’s a red toothbrush. ‘Lots of people have a red brush’- you’re thinking. But I can see a frown on your face now. Woops, I slipped up there didn't I. How would I know that?

 

Just as well you’re alone - all alone. But you’re not really alone - I’m with you. Just you and me together.  Like a party. We can go over old times. Relive - things. Things you’ve forgotten.  I might remind you. Yes - I will remind you. Then we can laugh about it and have some fun.


Please review my little story now G*****. Oh dear, George - that's scared you.  Did you think it was just a story? Were you a little bit scared?  By the way, this is not the end of this story, I mean our story. There’s more to come and you’re going to be centre stage.


Brrr Brrr Brrr


‘Who the hell is ringing at this time of night? It’s eleven o’clock and I’m in bed.’

‘Nice to speak to you George.’

‘Who is it?’

‘Oh, you know me, Georgie Porgie.  By the way, did you like my little story?’

‘What? Who are you?’

‘Is it party time now Georgie?’

‘Whaaaaaaa………


‘You’re feeling a bit a strange Georgie, aren’t you - wide awake but can’t move a muscle. Let’s just say your malt had a little extra tonight. We’re going to have our fun soon. Just look up at the ceiling light.’

I can see that George can see my eyes looking down at him through the holes in the ceiling. There is terror in his face.

 

George looks up and sees two shining eyes fixed on his. He is mesmerised. He tries to scream but every muscle is turned to stone, he is petrified. But in his head he screams and screams and screams. Then, in a split second, the two hidden panels in the ceiling fall open with a crash to reveal me perched above in all my terrifying actuality.


For moments, delicious with anticipation, I cling to the rafters, my six black hairy legs quivering in expectation. Then I leap down to land astride the terrified Georgie. I tear and pull away his clothes until he lies naked below me.


I whisper in his ear. ‘I'll tell you now Georgie - you remember that time in the park when you found me and you told your friends to …’ I didn’t have to finish. Now he knows!  Now his eyes are nearly popping out of his head with fear.

My tongue slithers out and, rasps at his left eyeball - from the inside ……



‘It’s party time now Georgie - I am your worst nightmare!


No Georgie, you don't understand - I am your worst nightmare!



But what's yours?

 

 







© 2018 alanwgraham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a brilliant way to begin a story. Who could possibly resist such a gripping start? Well, I certainly couldn't. And you nearly had me jumping at "G****" because my birth name does in fact start with a G (it's not George though ;-))
When the story became a little less vague and addressed a specific person, I admit I was wondering briefly if that was a good idea, but you kept the tension up nicely despite getting rid of a good deal of the suspense. This is a delightfully terrifying tale and I loved every shiver it sent down my spine!
Cheers,
Kali

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

6 Years Ago

Thanks Kali, This was unusual for me - I started with a blank screen (and head) and just started wri.. read more



Reviews

I like this story! It had just the right amount of 'creep factor.' I like the way it starts off as a broad threat and then narrows down to a single person. I really like how the promise of the paranoia pays off in the end. Good show!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Really enjoyed, loved every bit of it. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece of writing. :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

5 Years Ago

Thanks GS. I wanted to try something different and I was quite happy but it does need some work.
read more
Interesting approach and content. Flows oh so smoothly over some very rough ground. I was compelled to keep going to see where this was going to end up. As a psychologist I will point out that spiders are often seen as the mother-content in a dream. Looking forward to reading more.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

5 Years Ago

Thanks again. I'm glad you enjoyed this. It was tough to write but fun and grew legs at the end. I d.. read more
‘Revenge is a dish best served cold.’ I think you’ve proven this adage with your eerie, macabre, wonderful tale of terror here Alan. This is a story of bullying taken to the quantum extreme. Georgie Porgie had better watch his *** , with you around seeking vigilante justice! Love the monstrous spider pictures. The suspense carried through artfully, the bolding, the taunts, the telephone call and aaaarrgh- Alan the Arachnoid crawling in for the kill “from the inside” no less. Stephen King would love this- & so do I!

Posted 5 Years Ago


alanwgraham

5 Years Ago

You are very kind Annette. This was really fun -for me, perhaps not for georgie! On a serious note n.. read more
Super clever! I really like the fresh angle to your writing. It's more macabre than I usually read but it is definitely gripping!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Many times I’m in awe of the way you think up the most unfathomable approaches to whatever piece you’re writing. Nobody goes about a piece of writing the way you do. And I find this delightful . . . most of the time. This time, not so much. I appreciate your wild-a*s originality, but the overall flow of this piece was a little jagged for me. Many things rang true & made sense, but I’m not sure all these high points had sufficient connective tissue to call this a cohesive story. But all that doesn’t really matter becuz watching you “be you” is why we stop by! *smile* I’m glad I don’t party with my worst nightmare anymore & there’s a big pond between you & me! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

5 Years Ago

Thanks Margie. Yes, I'm aware that it needs tightening up. I usually gnaw away at an idea for a whi.. read more
I probably enjoyed reading this more than I should have! Seriously, great job! For a lot of people, it's hard to write in second person, but you did it really well.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

6 Years Ago

Thanks Alexandra - it was fun writing this. A bit different for me. I'm afraid to say that my wife i.. read more
Why couldn't I stop reading? Just abandon it and go read something less punishing? Truth is, I was plagued by vivid, terrible nightmares when small, and this made me remember that time. There were cracks in the ceiling above my bed, through which ghouls, skeletons and other things peered down at me. Your imagination is in fine form.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

6 Years Ago

Many thanks Samuel for subjecting yourself to this. God knows where this came from. It just seemed t.. read more
What a brilliant way to begin a story. Who could possibly resist such a gripping start? Well, I certainly couldn't. And you nearly had me jumping at "G****" because my birth name does in fact start with a G (it's not George though ;-))
When the story became a little less vague and addressed a specific person, I admit I was wondering briefly if that was a good idea, but you kept the tension up nicely despite getting rid of a good deal of the suspense. This is a delightfully terrifying tale and I loved every shiver it sent down my spine!
Cheers,
Kali

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

6 Years Ago

Thanks Kali, This was unusual for me - I started with a blank screen (and head) and just started wri.. read more
You had me hooked with this, and what an ending. Stuff that nightmares are made off. Your imagination rocks.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alanwgraham

6 Years Ago

Ta Christine. This is a wee bit different for me but it is a challenge doing something different. By.. read more
Chris Shaw

6 Years Ago

I'll be sleeping with the light on!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

658 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2018
Last Updated on May 5, 2018

Author

alanwgraham
alanwgraham

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Married with three kids, I retired early from teaching physics but have always enjoyed mountains. In my forties I experienced a manic episode which kick-started a creative urge. I've written a novel .. more..

Writing
The Seer The Seer

A Story by alanwgraham



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..