Travels

Travels

A Poem by Alisa Js

the captured thought inside the mind petitioned to to be heard
given a platform
too long denied
almost forgotten

remember
those plans made and counted on, waiting 
lingering, even now in the ether
on the sidelines
ready

countless hours spoken and discussed
how could you forget
and yet, I almost did
until today.
those moments exist in the stillness between seconds,
alive 

and we can travel there
be as we were
all is as it once was 
life squared plus two

© 2012 Alisa Js


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello Alisa... I just recently was thinking how wonderful it would be to travel and I thought sadly that by the time I am able to do it I'll be too old to dance ( at my age I guess it's natural to have these thoughts and worries). But then I read your poem and your words helped me to see things a bit differently. I hope I'm not getting too far off track... but, I am very thankful that your words brought to me reminders that it's never too late to dance. These are the thoughts your poem brought to mind for me wonderfully. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts.

Alisa:-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


An interesting one. There's a longing here--a yearning for what once was?

The opening line throws me a bit because of its rhythm. That opening line is written in iambic heptameter, so it sets me up for a form poem (a classical ballad, for instance). Did you set out to write a different kind of poem and end up elsewhere (through your traveling)?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aloha Kelvin,

Thank you!

alisa ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


good piece of work i must say i love the start you stating the mind petitioning to be heard giving a platform too long denied speak then speak mind speak lol. good write as always keep writing fellow writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i think this is more about words allowing us to travel...either by reading them or by writing them...

our writings allow us to travel places in our minds...explore our inner being by uncovering things about ourselves we never knew.

it's discovery, just like taking a trip to an exotic place...

i was on the plane going to wherever it was you went in this poem.

thanks for the ride.

i like the metaphor in the first stanza..would like to see that revisited towards the end...

but otherwise...wonderfully worded piece.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


Happy Thanksgiving thoughts, Tara!

So nice to read your thoughts again. You have been on my mind lately. I trust all is well. Stay strong, you!!! Thank you for stopping by, I have missed you as well.

Sending you thoughts of everything amazing,

always...

alisa ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hi Stranger...good to be here again and reading your words...I love this one...great opening line and I love the line about the stillness existing between seconds...beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I miss you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aloha Sami,

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. It is always a delight reading your thoughts.

Sending you thoughts of everything amazing.

always,

alisa :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aloha serah,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and kindness. I am most encouraged. I am so glad you understand and am deeply touched by your words.

Wishing you well, always...

alisa :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

~ ditto... :) (sorry i missed this)...
A nice poem .
I love the lines:
those moments exist
in the stillness
between seconds,
alive.
Wow

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 17, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

Author

Alisa Js
Alisa Js

honolulu, HI



About
We meet here for such a time as this. more..

Writing
Gifts Gifts

A Poem by Alisa Js


If Only If Only

A Poem by Alisa Js