Why?

Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

We tend to be so predictable as a species. Predatory to the core. Yet here and there I see hope of evolution taking a kinder approach. Lets Hope before we kill us all.

"




   


If I could only see the truth

to look beyond our simple ways

I would love knowledge even more

than all the lies of long gone days

 



If man could put away his sword

and beat to plowshares all he'd worn

Then I might be able to see the light

and forget the failings, of those I scorn

 



If we were not such fragile beings

that prayed for things not needed

Then I might think we had a chance

but all the lessons still go unheeded

 



If life would only start as it ends

with great knowledge left to share

 We might not trample each other

then sin to hide what we must bear

 



If life could only do all these things

I would live deep in the truth so wise

To take the life, that I've been given

and turn to God with forgiving eyes


 



© 2021 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
We tend to be so predictable as a species. Predatory to the core. Yet here and there I see hope of evolution taking a kinder approach.
Lets Hope before we kill us all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think we are of one Spirit my friend...we love...and that is our calling and our creed. We are misunderstood...we are called weak...presumed naive...when our strength and wisdom is the very thing others fail to find an empathy for...and it saddens us. But we have no fear, knowing that love which resides within us is greater than the evil which abides in the world. Keep fighting the good fight. Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

I agree we try to see past mans nature to find the bettr angels of our nature.In the constant hope t.. read more



Reviews

Definitely a wise poem. Wisdom is knowing not only what you know, but what you don't know. Your exploration of possibilities to benefit others is truly remarkable.
I didn't want to do this at first, but it's just in my nature. Your first sentence of the fourth stanza kinda throws the rhythm off a bit.

Posted 14 Years Ago


without regrets I march into tomorrow,
and remember the past with no more sorrow,
look to the future with what I've learned,
and in the end,try not to get burned...

Posted 14 Years Ago


A beautiful way to live if we lost the greed and try to find real peace. Real victory in life. A family with love watching you take the next journey. We need to pray more. Be thankful for what we have. A excellent poem with the wisdom of a good heart.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great poem. It really makes me think that if the world knew what they were doing would they even do anything about it?
Great write

Posted 14 Years Ago


You write beautifully. I really enjoyed this poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this was excellent. The questions asked where thought-provoking, and explanations were even better. My favorite part is "If life would only start as it ends?" Honestly, how conveniant that would be! Great write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Full of wisdom.. that speaks truth in such turbulent times such as the world today. If only we did not live in discontentment.. lived like we were dying but truly lived for each day with the gift of what we have been given.. that of LIFE. To fight for things unneeded.. funny how money and objects can destroy that which it's inventors did not intend. How technology.. wonderful technology invented to make life easier.. has turned on it's originators as well.

As some one else stated.. "if we only knew" sooooo many things.. which we do of course know much.. why.. Oh .. why.. do we wait to evaluate our paths until our last dying days of wisdom! Like a computer.. it's not the earth machine's fault but the operators who use it... that make the mistakes.. and let greed, power and lust take over. Everything on earth is good in moderation..

Freedom is the feel of being able to do what we like.. but then others have rights to freedom to not be discriminated nor oppressed here in this country. IF there were a thing as complete freedom to every individual.. clearly we would be overstepping someone else's freedom.. there must be balance in everything we do.. that is what I get from this... and so much more. Even religion .. disallows many freedoms.. in such an everchanging diverse community not only in my country of Canada.. but the planet. We must learn to respect others as part of a whole spectrum of life.. and clearly we can not take money nor objects with us when we leave this fine place!

Great job.. you really caused me a stir inside with your words once more.. as clearly this is not just an outside battle taking place.. but one stirring inside many inner-souls. More than one stanza captivated me..but this one is definitely striking:

If life would only start as it ends?
With great knowledge left to share.
Then we might not trample each other.
And sin to hide, what we must bear!

This shows a clear need to respect others.. not judge sin.. nor trample others beliefs.. very profound in such a spectrumed world.



Posted 14 Years Ago


' If we were not such fragile beings? That prayed for things not needed. Then I might think we had a chance. But all the lessons go unheeded! '

Those words above are, to me, the heart of this wonderful post.

Tis true, we need to open our hearts and minds to those around us and pray for guidance in loving our world and those walking it.

Beautifully formatted, a true creation.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Congratulations for winning the Shadow-of-the-gods contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Congratulations on winning the jumbled contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10817 Views
119 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2009
Last Updated on January 18, 2021
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan