Inherit The Wind

Inherit The Wind

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Proverbs 11:29 , "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind".

"

Payton and I

Payton and I


Deeps the need as long's the road

we tread on the silent ground

To seek the path along home

where our hearts and love abound

 

Time is the fire in which we burn

around the hearths where we sit

It feeds the body and the soul

with the hearts our minds have lit

 

From the edge of the unknown

we proudly tell all our tale

Wonders we have seen ourselves

as the old folks laugh and wail

 

Poor's the man who rails his own

for to him no fruit shall bloom

Wind and fury know his name

as echo to the silent room

 

Barren is life that lacks a child

for it knows no magic hour

Like tarnish to a silver cup

its life never seems to flower

 

Rich is the man who mends his ways

his path be strewn with gold

The child that blooms within his light

grows to love him when he's old

 





 


© 2023 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Only through children can we advance mankind. It is our duty. It is our greatest joy. To pass what we have learned to the next souls in our line. If we are kind about it they will remember us fondly. Pushing mankind on to the inevitable destiny. I can't say I know what that is, but the remembering of one another is enough for me.
I had a great great grandmother born in the back of buckboard wagon in Missouri. The date was 1878. She lived a long life. In that time she saw the end of child labor. The invention of electricity. With it came electric motors of the industrial revolution. The car ,light , movies.At the age of 90 she even witnessed a man step on the moon. In the last century we advanced further than in all other centuries put together.It was a time of wondrous adventure. It saw the end of the boundless west. And on to the new frontier. I treasured the stories she shared with me in the years I knew her. A bottomless well of knowledge, learned from a long, long life.This is why I think it is necessary to pass along all she taught me, along by all I have learned to the future from the past. Immortality in our descendants as they walk life's long road into the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written Tate. The message comes across and is well appreciated. I had no natural children, but became th father to three teens when I mrried their mother. To say the beginning for all of us had its difficulties would be an understatement, but the family pressed on and becmae a family filled with love and laughter. Would I say that every upset was worth it. I would. Hopefully the kids think so as well.

P.S. your photo reminds me of my much missed Dad.

Posted 4 Months Ago


"Inherit The Wind'
Tate Morgan,
What can I say? Family really is all important. History we carry is heavier than we may know. As your author note so is my life. Stories which were told between aunts, uncles grand parents I suppose we all wish there could of been tape recorders going from the beginning to have it all there to remember. I have known people who never had children at all too and I think that they put themselves and love into the lives of others. Thanks,
Kathy

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kathy Van Kurin

1 Year Ago

Tate,
I so enjoy when people honest and say what is in their thoughts. Refreshing. Keep it up.. read more
Tate Morgan

1 Year Ago

thanks kath I am writing something new tonight a short thought a feeling really a memory of a past e.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

1 Year Ago

That is cool Tate . I wish you a satisfying completion of project.
Sarah 7:13 "this poem is fabulouuuuuuusss!"

This is so poetically descriptive and so beautiful I wanna cry now. It had a lot of power in it. I am going to assume you believe in the bible so God must have spoke through you :) lovely powerful, harsh, true and radiant poem you have here! Thanks for entering my contest!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

5 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah I’m honored
Once again, Tate Profound Morgan you have penned words that glisten and sparkle like an expensive diamond that paves that road to a world of more sensitivity and caring towards all of humanity.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

7 Years Ago

Howard as always I'm honored and humbled I thank you so much
Beautiful words Tate and I also like the writing about your great great grandmother. I look forward to hearing more about her in your writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

Thank you Daniel I am down with my grandkids so I am sorry I didn't get back to you very quickly I w.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
As beautiful as always, my dear friend :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Rich is the man who mends his ways
his path will be strewn with gold
The child that blooms within his light
grows to love him when he's old

If we make "amends" with our ways, our lives will shine brighter to become a guiding light for generations to come. How can one not love a guiding light. Our parents..grandparents...they are the lighthouses and gate-keepers of our souls.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great read. The last two lines got me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Superb .... that too is an understatement .

Posted 13 Years Ago


all i ever hoped to be, a servant to the cause, the survival of our species--the culture and beauty within it. it used to seem so complicated when i thought about changing the world, how could we all resolve our differences--it haunted me for years. i watched, i talked to everyone, i mediated arguments, i got involved....i've reached into others, provoked them to see clearly, not MY way, but, clearly, with their own abilities. the more i tried to convince, the more i tried to solve....the further away i felt. then life struck me down, showing me how weak i could be....i surrendered and not a moment later i was all powerful again....i was not alone, i surrendered and decided, once again, to focus on being a servant..to not just feed my own ego.

everything has a place. there's nothing wrong with me or you, we just hold this silly idea in our head that we need maintain the rivalry, and it leaves us insecure.

it's just an idea in our heads that holds us apart, that leaves our species and world dying....it can change overnight, if we all surrender the rivalry.

i gotta tell ya tate, i really dug the poem, but your author's note truly blew my mind, i thank you for sharing....and, i hope i didn't blab too muchup there....cheers!



Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3345 Views
60 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 2, 2023
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End The End

A Poem by Tate Morgan