The Hotel Room

The Hotel Room

A Story by batteryafter

Every summer my friends and I go on a road trip. A different site every year and this year it was Gettysburg, PA. We had to travel pretty far since we live in Florida. Since my one friend was obsessed about ghosts we decided to let him pick where to go and were weren't surprised when he picked a haunted town. I was cool with it, though. Why wouldn't I? It was a trip to a haunted town. 
We packed the car and said our goodbye to our families and drove off. After about 13 hours of driving I got tired. I decided that the next hotel we see, we are staying the night. The road got really foggy and I didn't see anymore cars around anymore. Beginning to freak out inside, I finally found a hotel that looked really nice for out in the middle of no where. Everyone waited in the car as I checked into the hotel. 
I walked up to the counter to be greeted by a tall man in a tuxedo, and asked for a room for the night. He gave me keys to a room and told me that the room was down the hall and to the left. Room 217. Everyone in the car got out and walked to the room. We decided not to take any stuff inside since we weren't staying more than a day. When we got inside the room was extremely clean and almost perfect. The only thing wrong with it was a water stain on the ceiling. We were too tired to care so Carly and I slept in one bed while Gavin slept in the other. As soon as I hit the pillow, I was asleep. 
I woke up in the middle of the night to feel something dripping on my forehead. When I wiped it off it felt thick. The thought of it being what I thought it was jolted me up and I went straight to the bathroom. The light flipped on and I looked in the mirror, blood was smeared across my forehead. At first, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me since it was 3:30 AM. Suddenly, there was a chill in the air and the door locked quickly. I turned around to see the same man from the check-in counter standing there. He looked sickly, he smiled and vanished. 
There was a yell from the other room and I rushed out there to see what was happening. A woman in a wedding dress stood at the end of the bed where Carly was, Gavin was on the bed with her. The woman looked as sickly as the man in the tuxedo. When she saw that I noticed her, she vanished.  Without missing a beat, we bolted out of there and into the car. At first it wouldn't start but when it finally did I speed out of there. 
After hours of driving, we finally reached our destination. A small bed and breakfast, I hesitated to walk up to the check-in. The lady there asked what was the matter, we looked like we saw a ghost. I explained to her what happened, figuring she would believe since she lives in a famous haunted town. After explaining the hotel and the ghosts there, the woman gave me a confused look. She told me she knew that hotel well and that a couple had their honeymoon. They were killed when a man shot up the hotel. 
Gavin quickly got out his laptop and started doing research on the hotel, in the middle of the lobby. When he searched for it, he found a news article from that night we were there. He quickly read it and gasped, closing the laptop and setting it aside. I picked it up and opened it to see what happened. Then, I read the most shocking thing ever. 
"THREE TEENS FOUND SHOT TO DEATH IN HOTEL ROOM 217"

© 2012 batteryafter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 27, 2012

Author

batteryafter
batteryafter

Kingwood, WV



About
Hello, I am Bree Battery After and I am a writer. Usually, I write small stories but it is my goal to at least finish one. There isn't much to say about me so....yeah. more..

Writing
Blade Blade

A Poem by batteryafter


Helena Helena

A Story by batteryafter