Why I'll Never be Sure I've Forgiven You

Why I'll Never be Sure I've Forgiven You

A Poem by beautifulblade
"

4/21/15

"
Dear Deconstruction of a Wandering Soul,

I would ask how you've been, but I'm not sure I'd want to know; forgiveness is hard enough to give without questioning my motives. Add that to the fact that so many people told me I had a right to hate you, and I should probably just drop it while I can still believe myself.

It could have been easier, I think, if you had just confessed, or maybe just apologized. That's really all I wanted, but I guess you chose to swallow your words like broken glass. I hope you bled when you s**t them back out.

Maybe part of me does hate you. Maybe I hate you because the shame in telling what you did to me would have been nothing compared to "I'm sorry." Maybe I hate you because you were the reason my life was a constant cycle of controlled chaos and uncontrolled emotions...

...but then again, how can I hate what made me who I am? Wouldn't that mean I would have to hate myself? I'm so much stronger because of you. I finally found my exit strategy, a way out of my trapped mentality, out of a place that felt almost safe but where the wolf was always lurking just a step or two behind.

In the end, I guess I'll wish you the best, because Karma caught up to you and cancer's a b***h, and apparently it threw in a stroke for good measure just to make sure you'd never hurt someone again.

Sincerely,
Construction of a Purposeful Life

© 2015 beautifulblade


Author's Note

beautifulblade
personal, be nice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on December 2, 2015
Last Updated on December 2, 2015

Author

beautifulblade
beautifulblade

MN



About
My name is Mariah Lichty. I'm 20 years old and have been writing for around six years. more..

Writing