Natural Beauty

Natural Beauty

A Poem by Sasha
"

Snow through the eyes of someone that's never experienced it.

"












Soft and white with a powdery consistency - like confectioners' sugar. Not nearly as sweet though, and much more cold.

Nature's compromise on the slushie: "I'll bring the ice if you bring the flavoring." It can double as a plaything or triple as annoying.

Over the tops of everything - a blanket of contradictions. It'll keep you anything but warm and is not fit to be thrown on the sick.

Winter's weather (where winter can exist) wafting slowly toward the ground - sharing the fate of mankind. Each flake is unique, but ultimately one of the crowd, and destined to disappear someday.


© 2010 Sasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I often find similes to be unruly creatures when used in a poem but you used them perfectly here.
the innocence you brought to the second stanza with your reference to slushy evokes both feeling of romance and youthful bliss in me.

I particularly enjoyed you nod to the contradicting nature of humanity.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i LOVE this very well written I'm a huge fan of snow! and you described it well! (also just so you know snow can keep you warm via igloo)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good. I particularly like the last part "Winter's weather...disappear someday." A good connection between the somewhat mundane (to some of us who are used to it) and the human existance. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's interesting to use a 'virgin' (don't laugh) perspective of this subject. It's a good way of realising the multiple impressions that nature can give you. This poem does just that, and quite effectively. The dangers, the beauty, the coldness, and the similarity between the living and the purely existing - all come through in the ice-clear (to use the theme) imagery of this piece. I particularly like the last verse: for its striking comparison to the existence of mankind. And the implication, of course, that mankind is far more temporary than nature itself.. Very aptly observed and quite telling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh this is a beautiful poem and picture. I like the way you described the scenery, very well written :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This surprised me I like the picture and my favourite line is each flake is unique, but ultimately one of the crowd, and destined to disappear someday. I now can never forget that line its so cool


Posted 13 Years Ago


I often find similes to be unruly creatures when used in a poem but you used them perfectly here.
the innocence you brought to the second stanza with your reference to slushy evokes both feeling of romance and youthful bliss in me.

I particularly enjoyed you nod to the contradicting nature of humanity.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

witty.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
A great picture and a great poem. You've described the scene well. I like the first stanza's simile; the second stanza's observence; the contrdiction of the third; the inevitability of the fourth and the acrostic format. Well done Sasha.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2010
Tags: poetry, snowcrostic

Author

Sasha
Sasha

Hollywood, FL



About
What can I say? My icon used to be the incredible Alistair of Dragon Age: Origins, but Devons couldn't stand him. =/ I told him to choose a pic better suited to me and he chose the hot warrior girl .. more..

Writing
Unconventional Unconventional

A Poem by Sasha


The Right Hand The Right Hand

A Poem by Sasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..