vodka bottle

vodka bottle

A Poem by Kaitlyn
"

My life could not be any more screwed up than it already is...

"

Running as fast as i can to get away.

I cant escape my feelings no matter how far I am away.

Taunting and teasing me,

eating away at my sanity.

I used to be stronger than this,

I used to be able to hide it,

but strong isn't a word I no any more

unless its at the bottom of a Vodka Bottle.

and my life used to be full of friends and laughs

and now it is just replaced by pains and dissapointment.

I wish I could be strong again

but strong isnt a word I no any more unless it is at the bottom of

a Vodka Bottle.

© 2008 Kaitlyn


Author's Note

Kaitlyn
just to let you all no I am not an alchoholic or anything like that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think we all go through a version of this as we get older and friends, if they even really were that, fade away. Things get more and more petty, disagreements and alcohol never helps a bad situation.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this one, it's very true. And I know I at times wish I could turn to a bottle and that all of the worry will just go away. It doesn't happen unfortunately, and because of a world that is pretty damn harsh it usually makes it worse. Once you get into the way of the drink the world turns on you, and you no longer are welcomed in a society that could help you if you stayed clean... it's a horrible spiral to get into.

I'm glad you're not though :P Good write x

Posted 15 Years Ago


Kaitlyn, I hate to tell you but your introduction statement, about life not being able to get worse, is far from the truth, life can get a whole lot worse and does frequently as we get older, the key is to distract yourself imo, from the whoa's and stresses of life, we need antidotes, such as music and friends and fun and alchohol and other sunbstances too, in moderation, but becoming reliant on one thing or another, is a big mistake, we need variety to get over some of the not so nice spices of life. We never find anything in the bottom of a bottle apart from despair. Good write, keep doing it, it is a great form of release, or so I have found in the past 6 years since I lost my life partner! We can do it, it is just how? Smiling at you, Tai, not using this account much to post, back on old account.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was a good piece, just a couple of typos, such as know for no in the second to last line. Having a long line of alcoholics in my ancestry (except for me, thank God!) I think you've captured their mentality pretty well - can't handle life unless it's through the lens of a bottle. Good write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm sorry your life is screwed up. ;-; But atleast it allows you to produce lovely poetry like this! (:

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
5 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2008

Author

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

somewhere else



About
Hey my names Kaitlyn! I have alot of drama in my life, there is never a day when I dont put too much of my heart into things. I have recently had alot of problems in my life and writing has definantly.. more..

Writing
Egg-shells Egg-shells

A Poem by Kaitlyn