Lets Wear Footie-Pajamas One Last Time.

Lets Wear Footie-Pajamas One Last Time.

A Poem by Marina
"

=] <3 :D

"

 

Lets fight monster balloons with lava shampoo and ride our bikes through the hall.
Let's get "friendly" in math class & eat our experiments and get kicked out of the mall.

Let's go dance on a table in dino-costumes and make-out with horses at stables.


And maybe after getting married to chicken, we could spray-paint our parents room.

Lets go sit at the jock's table and talk to them about things they don't want to hear.
Lets eat away our dinner with pop-rocks and chocolate, and sing loudly in people's ears,

 

Lets be the kids we weren't last week,
and do what we want to do.

 

Sure, we still have 6o years or so,

 

but, lets promise to live, before we die.

Let's promise to love and not let life slip by.

© 2009 Marina


Author's Note

Marina
What do ya' think. I wrote this while i was taking a shower.
;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Wonderful... Very rich, great images... Funny, carefree but at the same very deep.

but, lets promise to live, before we die.
Let's promise to love and not let life slip by.

Wonderful message...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very whimsical which I enjoyed. I'm a Goofy goober so I can relate to wanting to do strange and frivolous things like wearing pajama pants with shorts and wearing jewlery with gym clothes. Boots and shorts I'm no stranger to; as well as making loud noises in public without a second thought. What this poem suggests is reverting back to a time when we weren't afraid to do the things we did as Children. Take a mud bath. Dare one another to eat pop rocks and coke. Jump any fence we saw and play any game we could think of. Even if it meant we had to race one another through the school wearing rediculous clothing--even when we knew we'd get in trouble. As adults we're expected to follow a dress code or we'll be fired. We're expected to act so that we don't lose friends. Being an adult sucks!

I'm going to act obnoxious for the rest of my life and there's nothin' anyone's going to do about it :).

Anyway, I liked this poem; it touched home with me. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Rina, i absolutely love this. It almost magical...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hey, I was just looking through my reviews and saw one from you a long time ago. I returned it, I know, but I wanted to see how you were doing now. :]

I really love this. I've felt this feeling so many times - like time is slipping through your fingers, and those days at school or hanging out with your friends are limited. Trying to enjoy it even more than the large amount you do, trying to savor it before life comes along and makes you grow up. My favorite lines were the last two, they really gave it a solid core.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this. For some reason, I makes me think of my boyfriend and new friends

Posted 14 Years Ago


You should shower more often XD

Posted 14 Years Ago


Rinnuhh!

I simply loved this poem. I couldn't stop reading it. No joke. It was great. It reminds me of many memories I've had, and I'm sure memories that you've had.

Rock on!
--Munka Muffin 。◕‿◕。

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
:D I love this poem! It brought a smile to my face! Very happy and up lifting piece! Great writing and awesome, humble poem! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ok seriously...this was good.
Had to read it over.
*This* is the type of adolescent writing I love read.
The ones about all the fun and insanity, not just the sorrow and confusion.
I'm saving this one. *smile*
Time to give those horses some well deserved lovin'. ^_^


Posted 14 Years Ago


It's hard to write something that is fun, zany, and makes the kind of sense that you with 2 dollars could discover only in the thrift store down the corner after falling down- chipping a tooth- and see was hidden under one of those rinky asian metal shelves that was being weighed down by a crock pot no one will ever buy. You reach out to grab it, pull it out from the dark and dusty air sweeps around you.. gets in your eyes. But you don't mind because you've captured something impossible to pin down and its got a red sticker discount. Now you've got change for bubble gum.

You made me smile with this piece at least twice.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1076 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 27, 2008
Last Updated on April 20, 2009

Author

Marina
Marina

Milf-town, MA



About
guys, im not even 15 anymore. i just haven't seen this page in a million years. more..

Writing
The Hand Game The Hand Game

A Poem by Marina


Ode To Oak Ode To Oak

A Poem by Marina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Nepeta Nepeta

A Poem by Jinx's Heart


Te quiero. Te quiero.

A Poem by Marina