Really Real

Really Real

A Story by C. Lee Battaglia
"

After going to the bar with a few friends, Quentin leaves drunk and doesn't quite make it home.

"
Really Real

C. Lee Battaglia

Knowing the difference between sundays and Monday's don't seem to fix the problem that I'm still tired. Even though I go to sleep at 10:30 on Sunday nights, I can't get my insomnia under control. My mind always seems to go back in time. To the times where I would question if they were really real.

It happened the night that a couple of my friends and I went to buy a few rounds at the local bar, "three monkeys,".

"Quentin, you're so drunk. Lets call it a night you guys," Jon, my friend had told me and the small group that he was with.

"Me? Drunk? Your so funny," I said throwing my arms around Jon.

"Yeah, yeah, it's time to leave buddy." He said as he tried to push my arms off his shoulders.

"Leave?" I exclaimed, "We just got here!"

As I called to the bar tender for another vodka martini, Jon threw his hands in the air, "Q, you've had enough!"

I winced, "Stop yelling at me, you're giving me a headache."

The bar tender placed my drink next to me, while Jon said, "fine then, have fun walking back to your house drunk."

I took a sip of Alcohol while waving goodbye.

Obviously frustrated jon walked out with his buddies. Finally some peace at last, I thought to myself.

*
After 3 more rounds, I was so intoxicated from the alcohol that I could barely stand with out feeling like I was on a super fast merry-go-round that was about to fall off course.
As I slowly wobbled home, I sung, "99 bottles of beer on the wall."

I was almost to my apartment when, I had heard the weirdest sound. It started off as a quiet hum, that slowly got higher and higher pitched. It was sort of like in a dubstep drop, it would get higher and higher and eventually the song would continue, but this sound never ceased to end.

I placed my hands over my ears and fell down on the street. I was so loud and distant at the same time that I could feel the vibrations through the asphalt. I curled up in a fetal position and plunged my fingers into my ears. I was pretty sure that if the sound didn't stop, soon, blood would be pouring out of my ears.

I looked around from my position and noticed that I was the only one in the road. There was a layer of fog that surrounded me, that seemed to be closing in on me. As soon as my ears popped, the sound was over, and the fog dissipated. Leaving me there in the middle of the street.

I sat there for a moment and thought, what if I lost my hearing and that's why I can't hear that sound.

A car drove up the street and nearly hit me, "Get outa the street,"

"Did you hear that really, like really high pitched sound?" I asked ignoring him.

"Man, you're drunk. Get out of the way, I have a wife and family to get home to." He said flaring his hands all over the place.

Absently I walked over to the sidewalk and sat down, and said to myself, "Was that me drunk or was that really real?"

© 2016 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Please leave me instructive feedback, thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I went back and read your health history and have to say that you have came a long way. For your age, this is written well, it makes the reader want to know more, like was it just the alcohol, does he get safely home. I had seizures for 10 years, was prayed for and God healed me of what doctors could not figure out. Follow your dreams, all writers had to start somewhere. Never give up on yourself. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A sad and realistic story for many. Alcohol steal our mind and make us forget who we are. A powerful story described my friend. Seeing real face can wake us up. Thank you for sharing the amazing story my friend.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


I always love your writing, this is a very interesting piece, are you going to turn it into a chapter book or just leave it as is?

Posted 7 Years Ago


99 green bottles - now that brings back some memories. Good dialogue and paragraphs were nice and neat.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I went back and read your health history and have to say that you have came a long way. For your age, this is written well, it makes the reader want to know more, like was it just the alcohol, does he get safely home. I had seizures for 10 years, was prayed for and God healed me of what doctors could not figure out. Follow your dreams, all writers had to start somewhere. Never give up on yourself. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2016
Last Updated on November 10, 2016
Tags: Drunk, Short Stories

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain