White Pony

White Pony

A Story by ClockWork GRIMM
"

An experimental Journey into what makes us truly exist or if all of it is an Illusion...

"
 

White Pony

... We can take a ride on a black horse. A grey, New Wave Hesparian Death Horse...”

Beaches... Woven with an innocent simplicity. Sometimes it will make you wonder if anything else ever existed at all... I was always amazed at how the ocean seemed to have no memory. The footprints left in the sand would disappear into nothingness before they ever existed. If the ever existed at all.

But...

It never did exist anywhere other than the canvas that holds my dreams... The reality, though, is a wasteland of chemical kids and concrete play-pens. Synthetic souls in an Artificial cage. The streets stand cloaked in the colmatose bodies of the new drugged up generation. The only generation deserving of the “Silent Generation” title. A generation of sleep. There is no Ocean anymore. No one cares anymore. They Never did.

They lay strewn across shopping carts and piles of televisions. While they lay with their gasmasks on, they have no more cares or concerns. Streets empty and cluttered with old newspapers. The city has come to a hault. No one moves like they once did.This city is only a shadow of the Monolith she once was. Apathy at it's best. The sky shifts and the light strikes the fog that surrounds the city. It is a dome for the dreamers.

As I walk through the biggest highway, which now stands empty and stale, I look to our new fake sky... The new false stars peek through The Fog and give a bleek outlook on a lovely but phoney dream.

I'm not all there anymore-If I ever even was... I start walking down the streets and they are covered with the miriad shades of intoxication. You People f*****g dissapoint me. Maybe it's time to just walk away and say that I'll ride off on a white pony into the toxic, smog infested, sunset. While all of you lye in a permanent sleep, intoxicated with your gas masks full of your apathy drug fumes.

I am the Rule of One. The only and the apathetic. The Giant bridge before the highway I tread upon shadows me... “Ah, That feels nice. If that is what you call feeling...” The colors of the sky radiate a technicolor rainbow of emotion. About when the time this new 'Downfall of us All” generation started. That feeling of loneliness makes even the sky full of lies, which holds my beloved phony stars, fill me with the blissful euphoria that only our synthetic morphine induced comas could...


And when I look up, I escape to a place better than I could Imagine with my mind...


To a beloved place where I can Watch you Crawl across my sky... 


...Arcadia...


                                    TO BE CONTINUED....




A Clockwork Grimm Production...


Written by GRIMM

© 2014 ClockWork GRIMM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my gosh. I had to read the beginning before continuing to part 2, and I gotta say I am beyond confused. I had to read it twice and slowly in order to get used to your writing style. The way you wrote this story is in such an amazing way, it contains so much imagery and I love how you just transitions from one idea, or scene, to the next; From the beach to the city and the sky, which is fake, which is like us in the present... wow.

The best line of all, "You People f*****g disappoint me."

Posted 12 Years Ago


Poetically written! Wow! This is amazing work and I am excited to read more...scene is set...awesome! :) xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


"That feeling of loneliness makes even the sky full of lies." Very impressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


O_O You left me hanging there. When I read the "TO BE CONTINUED" I was like "But it can't end there." ^^* Loved this through and through.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Came across this while searching for random stories and I had to say how much I loved the imagery in here. Especially loved the part where you said that the people were strewn across shopping carts and televisions and how the narrator wanted to "ride off in a white pony."

Posted 12 Years Ago


........I loved it. Your use of words, and the post-apocalyptic image I got, and... just everything. I think you did really well. Yosh!!


FYI:
2nd paragraph, last sentence: "If the ever existed at all. " **they
3rd paragraph, 4th sentence: "The streets stand cloaked in the colmatose bodies of..." I think you meant comatose.
6th paragraph, 3rd sentence: "You People f*****g dissapoint me." **disappoint



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

259 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on January 24, 2014

Author

ClockWork GRIMM
ClockWork GRIMM

alto pass, IL



About
I'm a writer by the name of GRIMM and have been a screenwriter, Author, as well as Painter and etc... I use a pseudonym because I have had troubles with people whom were offended by my stories and wor.. more..

Writing