Full Bloom

Full Bloom

A Poem by lee von cleef

sat watching, the air grow thick
sat listing to time go click
and the traveler let go
Her eyes satisfied
She said "Yes" and let go

Air whispered from her
The comforter settled

A saxophone stole my thoughts and she
must of brushed a magnolia

For the scent and sound Haunt me again , Today in your words......

© 2013 lee von cleef


Author's Note

lee von cleef
Special thanks to :
Upon a Poet's Deathbed
A Poem by Girl Friday (Sarah W.) that helped me speak.

Of course their eyes say it all ....
For those that want to put a face on Courtney,She is on the far right, much younger then the 25 she grows to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is sad. Actually I am weird I never felt anything for dead people. When my dad passed away I was very young and I have a black account for his moment. If I was older and wanted to write a poem it would not be as great as yours because I hate him lol
Well said an written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

10 Years Ago

thank you, emotion is , and love and hate are close emotions,they both give ? Perspective...



Reviews

There are those that go when they have reached thier time, as we see it, as they see it, agreeing with a "yes"... and there are those young blossoms, only just opening that tragically fade way way way too soon... sat listening to time go click... A haunting and delicate piece Lee, as these souls brush the petals that remain, in thier departure... And every time I read of Courtney, I feel tears you planted welling in the backs of my eyes... even now... I am haunted...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was beautifully done... I absolutely love the imagery in this; haunting, sublime, delicate. Such a bittersweet symphony this is, my friend. I love the hints of "magnolia", because that gave this a very distinct texture and cultural feel. I'm in awe of this one...honestly...and to think that you were inspired by my piece gives me great and humbling pleasure.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a stunning, moving, memorable write dear Lee, unique and subtle, one to be cherished, forever!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is achingly beautiful and so sad. That whispered scent of magnolia put such a lump in my throat. The memory of scents - so powerful - and the inexorable letting go
a gripping write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Senses pressed like a reset button in our hearts.
I'm a big fan of the sax and the Magnolia tree. You pricked the memories within my mind as well.
I enjoyed your unique style here. It did not so much flow as it "flitted" around my mind when I read this work. It was a bit like understanding a foreign language.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

10 Years Ago

Thank you Mr David, I added a picture to this now does it help ? There were two big Magnolia's in th.. read more
I've noticed you do this before, I mean respond to someone else's poem with a poem of your own. I love how communities like this can facilitate that sometimes, that we can inspire each other, in that way.

Your writing often strikes me as southern in that it feels very comfortable, familiar to me. The stories you tell often remind me of stories of my own family, and play out in a similar way. I like meeting with that, I find I'm drawn to southern writers often because of a certain nostalgia or recognition. Anywho, this is one of those. The magnolia detail especially and the generational connection. Grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles - some I barely knew but I, and now my children, still carry their traits- carry their legacy.

That's what this feels like. We lose important, special people, but we still have parts of them in the ones left behind- the ones who followed them. There can be both pain and comfort in that. As your poem shows. Bittersweet.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Southern yes, if that means unconditional ,yes unconditional thank you, of course I stil.. read more
waif

10 Years Ago

She's a beautiful girl. Yes, I think the photo adds to the poem.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1116 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2013
Last Updated on August 24, 2013

Author

lee von cleef
lee von cleef

AR



About
Good morning,Thank you for stopping by. I like to write,I like to layer a story into a poem,I want to crack through to the reader,add emotion to life, theirs and mine. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


Bigot Bigot

A Poem by Muse