Beirut after midnight

Beirut after midnight

A Story by Lord Da Crownsmeyer
"

This article is dedicated to all of the Lebanese fans in UK and York University London.

"
The bombs illuminated the sky of Beirut in Summer 2006. This year, stars went back to sit on their eternal thrones to celebrate the most interesting and exciting summer ever. This 2010 is full of new projects and investments in the capital city of Beirut and improvement were made on many streets of the city. From Monot to Batroun, the aspect of Lebanon went of Hottie to Hotti-er! 
Big changes in the background yet few in the hearts of Lebanese people who were always accustomed to exquisite lifestyle and glamour. Lebanese youth, who were always enjoying the night life with a bit of insanity, now decided to explore new fountains for pleasure and amusement. 

Here are the Top 5 places where you can get exclusive lebanese Fun for nothing but enthusiasm and style:

5. L-bar
This is one of the most frequented clubs in Lebanon. A la fois chic and fabulous, this club will receive special clients upon previous reservations and would surprise them with new and sudden party theme with nice talented dancers and expensive deadly drink cocktails... The clubbers would get back home in the morning to rest when the sun rises while the world starts reading the recent news of the fabulous party of L-bar in the papers and magazines. 

4. Gemmayze
One of the most ancient streets in Beirut, with an end on the down town. The Gemmayze street is famous for its wall-to-wall clubs and cafes. From Lord of the Wings to La Casa, Gemmayze is nothing but flames and hot spots! Each pub has its own services and special menus, almost all different kinds of cuisine is served and directly prepared for you... The music is heavy and condensed, the atmosphere is very "dance-under-the-winter-sun" and the fun part is the walk you can take along Gemmayze while the local resident sing for you and look at you with smiles on their faces...

3. Monnot
Weather you were a foreign stranger, a tourist, or a local, Monnot is always the right place for you, if you ever needed a remedy for nostalgia, broken hearts, or loneliness. Do not bother leave the hotel room or your house, if you are not sure you are going to walk, at least once in your life, on the streets of Monnot. With its Lebanese style and French design, Monnot is an architectural materpiece! Cosy, the street will guide to the Beirutian most noble family houses in Ashrafieh. Not to forget the night clubs like Crystal and Restaurants like La Piazza.

2. Hamra street
Most expensive entertainment street in Lebanon. But worth every penny! Hamra which means in english "The red one", is the place-to-be for every hungry lebanese. Name it and you find it in Hamra! From American junk, to chinese Oyster, there is always plenty to keep you entertained and yout gut full and happy. All the restaurants with a view on the main street, you can enjoy the crowds coming from everywhere to celebrate the Lebanese phenomenon in 2010! The American university in Beirut, also located in Hamra street, promised not to close its doors for students, who also promise their parents to keep studying and partying all night long! Bizzarre, but hello!! You are in Lebanon.

1. ABC Ashrafieh:
You say Mall, and they take you to ABC Ashrafieh. It's one of the many branches of ABC Malls in Lebanon with also one located in Tripoli (North Lebanon) and another on the highway in Debaye. ABC is the place of reunion of school students from "Le Lycee Francais" and "Nazareth School for girls", for university students like USJ, AUB and AUST, business men and women, art lovers, horny shoppaholics and all those of great taste and style. The mall chooses brands like Massimo Dutti, GS, AISHTI, AIZONE, Virgin and many more, with the roof top dedicated to Movie lovers (Grand cinemas) and restaurants for all such as Zaatar w Zeit, and BoB's easy diner. 

The Lebanese students and teens are no longer living in their houses but on the streets, celebrating life and eternal springs.

© 2010 Lord Da Crownsmeyer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on May 27, 2010

Author

Lord Da Crownsmeyer
Lord Da Crownsmeyer

Beirut, Ashrafieh, Lebanon



About
Challenged by the beauty of autumn red leafs, the music of the river water in the spring, the sun dance on my skin on summer time, and the white coat of the eternal snow on winter mountains... more..

Writing