Children of Stardust Part 1

Children of Stardust Part 1

A Story by DoormanDan
"

The symbolic journey of a girl fighting depression brought on by a world that just won't accept her the way she is

"

Children of Stardust

Part one of two


Beep, beep, beep, beep!  The blanket of silence that enveloped the bedroom was suddenly torn to pieces by the sound of an alarm clock.  The resonating noise created by the device was more than sufficient to awaken the occupant in the bed next to it.  Before the alarm could finish it's next set of four irritating beeps, a hand emerged from underneath the blanket of the bed and silenced it.  With a gentle, but hollow sigh, the person of whom the hand belonged to removed the blanket, allowing the whole of reality to finally see the person with its own eyes.


The occupant of the bed was a teenage girl who looked to be around 17.  She had a thin build, slightly pale complexion, and sapphire colored hair.  Surprisingly, it wasn't hair dye though, it was her natural hair color.  But while this was strange, the most peculiar feature of the girl was her eyes.  They were constantly changing from one metallic color to another.  One second they were blue, then five nanoseconds later they were green, orange, purple, yellow, and every other color imaginable!  Without a doubt, she was the most unique individual on the planet, and also, even though she didn't think so, one of the most beautiful.


Sapphire glanced at the clock she had just silenced: the time read 7:10am.  Slowly, she sat upright and gazed out her bedroom window.  The scene that met the girl made even the strangest aspects of her seem normal.  Where there should have been gravel and earth, there was a sea of broken pocket watches stretching as far as the eyes could see.  And the trees...the trees were entirely devoid of leaves.  It was nothing but a jungle of grey, lifeless branches.  But the most spectacular and eerie thing was the bright white sky overhead.  Not even snow or white-out could compare to it.  The setting was every bit a fantasy as the girl was, but she despised...no...loathed  it.  She hated it because it was like a picture of her, and it constantly reminded her of how much of a freak show she was.  But she knew she couldn't do anything about it and had to accept it, which only made her hate it more.


"Another day..." The remarkable girl said mentally.  The thought had no sort of emotion in it whatsoever.  That was because she didn't know whether she should be sad, happy or depressed about living through yet another day.  Deciding that she had been sitting on the bed for much too long, the girl rose to her feet, went to her closet, and picked out some clothes to wear.


After she had washed up, gotten dressed, brushed her teeth, and done everything else one does in the morning to look and smell presentable, the sight was truly august.  She was wearing the most casual clothes possible; a scarlet colored t-shirt covered by a light gray hoodie, ocean blue jeans and midnight black sneakers.  But even in these average pieces of clothing the girl was god like.  It would not have been surprising to anyone if they had discovered that she carried the blood of Aphrodite herself in her veins.


Sapphire went to check herself out in a mirror hanging on the wall in her bedroom, and after a few seconds, gave up.  There were thousands of tiny cracks covering every square inch of the mirror, making it practically impossible for her to see her own reflection clearly.  "Oh well..." She thought, "...not much to see anyway." 


Since there was nothing else she had to do, the wondrous girl headed downstairs and went for the front door.  Instead of opening it and exited the house though, the girl just stopped and stared at the doorknob.  For the first time, her iridescent eyes settled on one particular color; black.  The youth took a small step back.  She didn't want to leave the warming embrace and shelter of her abode.  She didn't want to step out into that world of broken pocket watches and burning cold zephyrs, place that would never, ever accept her for who...no...what  she is.  Everybody thought she was a monster, the lowest quality stardust any supernova in the cosmos could offer!


But inside the girl knew she had to, even though she didn't like it.  It was both pointless and cowardly to keep herself locked away within the walls of her home, regardless of how ferocious the icy winds of the blizzard that was her life got.  With a heavy sigh, the girl slowly stepped forward and grabbed the doorknob.  The lack of enthusiasm in her eyes was explicit.  "Let the games begin."  With that last thought echoing through her mind like sound traveling through a cave system, Sapphire opened the door and departed into the harsh, lonely world that waited.


To be Continued....

© 2015 DoormanDan


Author's Note

DoormanDan
Sorry if my story writing skills aren't up to par with my songwriting skills, it has been a long time since I last wrote a story. I know this first part is very slow, but I promise things get more exciting in part 2! Please tell me what you think, and feel free to make some suggestions as to how I can improve my story writing skills!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Usually when someone writes a story, they say you shouldn't write every movement and action. You start to lose the readers attention. But the way you wrote it was written real good and one can actually see the picture. A part that wasn't necessary was all the morning duties. But trying to change it would also ruin the atmosphere in the story. There was emotion from the start that touched me. People find it difficult to fit in and then starts to hate themselves because they're different. You're description was also amazingly well. The type of words you used also kept me interested. You know how there is always a character you fall in love with. I immediately fell in love with this girl. I figured out the plot in the beginning which is good. Spelling mistakes which is not something big: with the last though (- thought)... It is a good story and I really enjoyed it. Congratulations on winning the contest.

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing this, and also thank you for the congratulations. I am genuinely surprised .. read more
You have created an amazingly wonderfully and beautifully decorated fantasy world, and an even more amazing character to reside within it. To be different is not a sin, but it can be uncomfortably difficult ... I wish to see what transpires next in this uniquely woven world you have created ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really enjoyed it and it has left me wanting to reading chapter two. It has definitely setup the beginning of the plot that I have no doubt will have a very intriqueing middle. I am going to now read Chapter 2. Good Job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I absolutely loved the story I can not wait to read the second part!:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing this! :)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Interesting imagery! Everything is so dull in the world except for this girl, she stands out as a Sapphire beauty! I really enjoyed the amount of details you incorporated in this, you really managed to set a unique scene. I am left wanting to read part two to know what kind of other things there are in this world you have created! A great job! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing this! I just really got tired of the boredom I have in my life everyday and de.. read more
Amber Lily

9 Years Ago

Fantasy is fantastic because it's the only world where you can do whatever you want! :)
DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Indeed it is. True words :)
Woah that was amazing I loved it ! :)
Can't wait to read the rest :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

I appreciate you reviewing this. I'm glad you liked it!
Actually this is really good! honestly a think that you're a great writer and this story proves it
You have talen and I really Like the story
Looking foward to reading more of it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing this Lizardo! I'm really glad you liked it!
I really like it! Writing is like songwriting...I've written songs since I was around the age of four. This year was really the year when I realized that I could turn my songs into poems or vice versa. That is how I've become such a writer:) You are a better writer than I am, Dan. As I've told you many times, I admire your work. This was such a great piece. Nice job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

I tried to change the section where the font size seemed smaller, I think I might have wasted my tim.. read more
DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

I tried to change the section where the font size seemed different than the rest. I think i might h.. read more
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

Lol okay:)
Um...I have no idea why the font size seems smaller near the end of the story, and the reason this is so short is because I thought it would be longer than this, and decided to split the story into two parts, so just ignore those things. I hope you enjoy the first part of this story!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on March 29, 2015
Tags: You are not alone

Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..