Thanks. . .

Thanks. . .

A Poem by deadlife
"

..to an old rocking chair.

"
...resting
in your arms,
i lived; my last years.

- at eighty two -

i felt your love
your warmth. . .
i relaxed.
~
thanks
~
you loved me.

© 2008 deadlife


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So so cute! And so touching! one of the best from you. The last lines are ironical too.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A whole story unfolds in just a few lines, and I find myself wondering what the person's life might have been. It is very, very lovely. I love the personification, that the rocking chair was a dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


the punctuation and structure is a bit rough, but the piece itself is wonderfully profound, beautiful and inspiring, a real ode to lost love and the power of love eternal.
well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is lovely, sentimental and metaphoric.
I am the sort of person who loves symbolism, and who loves to find connection between life and the simplicity of words. This touched something inside of me- it was lovely, absolutely lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This definitely gets at the spirit of an old rocking chair...you've managed to write something beautiful and powerful with very few words, which echos the quiet beauty of the aged. Nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is very beautiful and ever so lovely...Kim

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh dear! this is so great, I wonder how can you write so much in depth with just few words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

299 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2008

Author

deadlife
deadlife

New Delhi, India



About
I was born. I live. I'll die. I know nothing. Where I came from? Where will I go? I'm ignorant of my existance. I'm uncertain of myself. No beliefs. No religion. No god. Know Go.. more..

Writing
I Believe I Believe

A Poem by deadlife



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..