How Does The Wolf Know To Howl?

How Does The Wolf Know To Howl?

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

How does the wolf howl when there are clouds in his eye?

 

Cries go in unheard to ears not close enough to care.

It is easy to ignore the dirt that is swept under the rug.

In a world of billions so many ants get crushed, the ones that don't will raid the picnic without a care.

It is too easy to  ignore the growls in this jungle when we devour the kill.

 

So I ask again, how does the wolf howl when there are clouds in his eyes?

Because he has the sense to know that night still exists.

© 2016 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is something quite powerful under the surface of the poem. I have lingered here with the thought of a lone wolf who still howls at an unseen moon - one masked by clouds. He knows to howl because he feels to howl...he senses the moon and his instinct takes over. This is a stunning picture in my mind, and I think of the freedom of the wolf who cares not if he is heard, but howls because he simply MUST.
Nature is driven by instinct, it is a sometimes violent system, but it involves no greed or ulterior motive. The hunter will kill its prey, then the hunter will become the prey perhaps. The system equalizes itself and creatures don't seem to second guess themselves...maybe squirrels in the road :)
Obviously the wolf got my attention - I love wild things - but your words "In a world of billions so many ants get crushed, the ones that don't will raid the picnic without a care." are powerful as well.
Well, I have gone on here...this moved me.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

I am so thrilled that the poem moved you... I always love when my words touch people. Thank you.
Excellent, and I loved the straight forward approach, and the ... So I ask you again..” great technic.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Why thank you so much
Easy to turn a blind eye, easy for dirt to hide, but it will be there and until it's gone we will know it's always there.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Yes we will, just hope we remember instead of putting it in the back of our minds.... thank you Ana.. read more
Matching Socks

7 Years Ago

Aye well the pack has a responsibility and what we can't achieve we leave burden to our Cubs...
It IS easy to ignore what gets swept under the rug. The single-most contributing factor to the callousness in society today is the inability/unwillingness of the masses to simply care. In what can be a wasteland of crushed picnic raiders, it's good to know that one lone wolf listens, notices and throws his head back to moan.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your perceptive thoughts... much appreciated.
Lorraine Montez

7 Years Ago

Always a pleasure.
The wolf is watchful, a wise animal...Its time we heeded his cries. Superb picturization of a clouded, dark jungle night. Brilliant thoughts...You are matchless.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you sweetie... I am happy when you enjoy my work.
Smart wolf. Your poem seems to be very deep and full of meaning. I like it! =]


Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
For me, the wolf represents nature, and beauty -- eventually, those wronged by this world will have their day ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

I like the way you think... thank you.
really like this one, such depth between the lines...yes, the ants will destroy the picnic...all those who are stomped under feet, pesky poor people who will one day spoil the picnic of the rich...and the wolves watch all this from outside the flames, just waiting till dark...all will come out then.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob... I hope one day the little ant can take over.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..