Matters Of The Heart

Matters Of The Heart

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

When you ask the question

"

  

Should I stay or should I go?

Seems to be a simple question

Except when it come to

Matters of the heart.

With so many emotions

Flowing in and out

It can be so easy

To get them crossed

Or even lost amongst

Many vein decisions.

Love is much like the heart

Which is why I believe

They are connected.

For on the surface can seem

To function on simple principles

But the complexities are endless.

Both need constant care and work

In order to keep them strong and healthy.

If you neglect them

They can grow weak and soon flat line

And when abused over and over

A reason to continue

Ends up in the emergency room.

So when it comes to the matters of the heart

In the ways of love

And you ask yourself

Should I stay or should I go

Then ask yourself another question,

Are the 911’s of the relationship

Merely occasional palpitations

Or constant heart attacks?

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
A friend the other day was contemplating this question the other day prompting this thought to come out of my head on the subject.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You speak the truth here... Love is probably the biggest mystery of the human condition...if one could create a cure for "lovesickness", I believe it would be more valuable than a cure for cancer! LOL I like what you had to say here, the flow of the piece was nice, subtle. There were a few little spelling and grammer mistakes, but other than that, it was very nice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow Dale, this is brilliant! There are ups and downs in all relationships, but I love how you put the question...
"Are the 911's of the relationship
Merely occasional palpitations
Or constant heart attacks?"

That really puts it in another perspective that makes you see a little more clearly! Excellent insight, my friend! This is a phenomenal write and once again, cowboy, it is going into my favorites!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, you are really making me think about this one! At first I wanted to rush in and say, if you have to ask the question "should I stay or go?" then you already have your answer. However, after reading the rest and re reading it all over several times, I think I may have rushed in a bit soon. Love is the Heart, bottom line, flat or not... and there are times when you wonder about the "911's" of any relationship. This is such a great write, so many EXTREMELY good points and thoughts. The complexaties are definatly endless, which makes this poem also an endless question. I keep reading it over and over and it makes so much sence. This is an absolutly amazing write my friend, it is amazing what love can do to and for you (and your heart) of course. This is going in my fave's, I have to keep reading it.... Superb job Cowboy!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hmmmmmmmm...........very true! You are becoming a true philosopher, my friend! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Again, just wonderful. This is so wise. I really enjoyed everything you had to say here. Thank you for writing it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awe this is so beautiful. You're an amazing writer!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WELL DALE I CAN SAY AGAIN AND AGAIN YOUR WORK AND YOUR MIND IS BEAUTIFUL, YOU SHOWN A STONG HOLD IN THIS POEM CAUSE NOT MANY OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE WHAT THE BAD THINGS ARE IN THERE LIFE AND WHEN THEY DO FINILY RELIZE WHATS GOING ON THE ALWAYS TRY TO FIND WAYS OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP THAT IS HURTING THEM.SOME PEOPLE ARE SO SCARED TO LEAVE THE RELATIONSHIP THINKING THAT ITS GOING TO STOP OR THAT THEY LOVE THEM AND THATS WHY THEY GET BEAT AND SOMETIMES ITS TRAGIC TO SEE THAT THEY WIND UP 6 FEET UNDER GROUND....YOU HAVE SAID THIS WONDERFULY AND I HOPE THAT YOUR FRIEND CAN GET TO A PIONT THAT SHE WILL JUST HAVE THE NERVE TO GET UP AND LEAVE...I HAVE BEEN IN A SOME WHAT SITUATION AND I LEFT AFTER 10 LONG YEARS OF DEALING WITH CERTIN THINGS YES ITS HARD TO LEAVE BUT WHEN YOU DO YOU FINILY HAVE PEACE...WONDERFULFULY SAID AND WONDERFULY WRITTEN KOODOS ON THIS ONE 100% GOES OUT TO YOU MY FRIEND...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The ending of this poem was brilliant.

Then ask yourself another question,

Are the 911's of the relationship

Merely occasional palpitations

Or constant heart attacks?

Extremely clever. I have the firm belief that humans are incapable of loving other people. I think we all fall in love with the feelings of being in love. It really is a drug.. Of course, I'm getting sidetracked in my opinions... lol

I know what it is like to hurt and how it can make your entire body ache... you did a great job in conveying that feeling here and the hesitation we feel when deciding if it is time to go or if we should stay... More often than not, our selfishness is really the only reason to stay.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I will have to agree with Norma, Dale. This is indeed, very profound: The most profound part for me was this:

o when it comes to the matters of the heart

In the ways of love

And you ask yourself

Should I stay or should I go

Then ask yourself another question,

Are the 911's of the relationship

Merely occasional palpitations

Or constant heart attacks?

WOW! If more people took this thing to heart, there wouldn't be so many relationship problems...

Outstanding, my friend! OUTSTANDING to the max! Carole

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dale ~ Thank you so much for these thoughtful words. I couldn't help but think of a slowed down Clash song. : P You're last lines were a perfect description of how I've been feeling. The percentage of good & bad weighed against the emotions that make it so hard to leave. I left, and I know it was the right choice. I have found a happiness that I'd almost completely given up on. Finally. : )

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow Dale! I like your comparison to the actual physical heart and the proverbial one. I think you have made very, very good points in this as it seems sometimes when there is more sadness, arguing and trouble than happiness...it's best to leave before something more serious happens....GREAT write for sure! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2516 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 20, 2008
Last Updated on August 22, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing