Searching for the Stars

Searching for the Stars

A Story by Phillitup

The stars float ahead of me and I'm panting, losing my breath. I bend to my knees, pain searing through every inch of dripping anxiety and fear. Clutching the hope while the sun comes up and I start to run again. I run through the bushes and fields, valleys and hills, ice and wind, rain and warmth. I run until I have nothing left in me and collapse on the ground. I shake, lack of water reeking havoc on my brain. The hallucinations begin with wails and sirens, flashing lights and every moment ever taken from a night terror I remember. My fate has been sealed from the time I stopped and lost the stars because, no matter how hard I pushed on, I couldn't find them in the sky anymore. My head starts to pound and the pulsation spreads through me as I wretch onto the open grass. Then I lay and lay there until the light grows stronger and closer, I leave behind all the pain and terror. I haven't been lost because of them, I did it to myself well before they could reach me and thank goodness I did.

© 2013 Phillitup


Author's Note

Phillitup
Don't worry, this really shouldn't make much sense. It doesn't make sense to me. I might use this in a longer story or book or whatever. Maybe I can make sense of it after a while. Thanks for reading and please leave a review, no matter how short and rate this because I care about what you think.

-Dell

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dell,

Interesting first draft. I relate to some of these situations. A rewrite would flesh it out and make it a good short story. I recommend you use the past tense throughout. Actually now that I think more about it, I'd recommend trying to make it into a poem. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dell,

Interesting first draft. I relate to some of these situations. A rewrite would flesh it out and make it a good short story. I recommend you use the past tense throughout. Actually now that I think more about it, I'd recommend trying to make it into a poem. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2013
Last Updated on November 3, 2013

Author

Phillitup
Phillitup

FL



About
I am 14-years-old. I find inspiration all over the place: memories, ideas, things I notice. I like believing in things that others find impossible. I think that's the way I hope for a better future. .. more..

Writing