Gaza City

Gaza City

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

It's short

"
Under the rubble 
A child lies murdered 
For the sins of his father
For the land he died on 
coveted by giants
defended by lunatics
a nation of refugees
caught in the middle 
when bombs fell
on starving houses 
full of children 
with nowhere to go 
but the grave 

© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Israel's had a very troubled history with the Palestinian people. The PLO, the intifada, (the uprising) HAMAS. We in the west have been taught it's always been the Palestinians who are to blame and Israel has a right to defend itself. Though that statement does hold a great deal of truth what we haven't been taught is Israel has been a brutal occupier of the Palestinian people and have been systematically beating them into submission for decades. Watching whats happening to Gaza now it would seem Israel is trying to eliminate HAMAS as a threat by killing every Palestinian in the city. Why this would seem an acceptable, though genocidal military strategy is HAMAS doesn't exist as a separate entity from the Palestinians and they are in fact one in the same. It's a difficult situation for Israel to say the least, but they are in large part responsible for it. No one likes getting their land taken away then beaten into the ground when they resist their occupiers. Israel needs another strategy besides slaughtering civilians in the name of security and owing to Israel's military strength, and strangle hold on the Palestinians, the ball's in their court.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm glad to see you're still fighting. Religion and politics are one and the same today. The jews were persecuted not so long ago and oh how the times have changed. I have no sympathy anymore for the jewish peoples, they've forfeited the right to my respect.
Good write my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mad Englishman



Reviews

A very hard thing to watch or write on. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by Max
I agree. Thank you for the photo and the words. The silence voices must arise for change to happen. I hope soon. Time is short.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote
I'm glad to see you're still fighting. Religion and politics are one and the same today. The jews were persecuted not so long ago and oh how the times have changed. I have no sympathy anymore for the jewish peoples, they've forfeited the right to my respect.
Good write my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mad Englishman
They should get out of Israel. Israel wants there land back. Just like I rented this place and my neighbor is trying to take my hose all the time when I have it set up in my garden where I want it . I had to put a double twist on faucet so he can put his own hose on their and not take mine. He said he was going to ask the manager about it and I just said go ahead you are using my bib and hose. His is broken by the way, but he want me to scoot over and use my neighbors. The problem with doing that is that they eventually take the land. Like what happened to Isreal. Read the Bible. God wants Isreal to have the land. This is Gods will not mine.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your input honey bee
When one side claims that attacking their foe is a commandment from their religious ideologies and acts on it while the other side murders children in the name of safety, it truly can lead to quite a disgruntling situation and it truly is a tragedy that Israel would stoop to such lows. I hope something is done about it, something that will, knowing the general atmosphere of that area as well as the behavior of nations involved, lead to the least amount of conflict possible. Always speak the truth, Baby.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your input Tia. You're comments are always interesting
So powerful is this. You tear my heart out with these my friend. I have children of my own and I couldn't bare to have them go through this kind of turmoil.

Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Troy
not only there, but everywhere there is war and violence, the children suffer most....it's really disheartening. this is short but hits hard. and probably so good that it is short.

jacob

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob
The reality you relay here is so sad. Always caught in the middle are the innocent. You go right to the core of an issue, then take it to the heart of your readers, Mark.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Rita
Israel is actually eliminating itself in the long run, but history tells us that what goes around comes around. When Europe refused give them place to make a state the Rothschilds bought the land in Palestine. They told the world "its a land with no people for a people with no land", nothing could be farther from truth. The genocide goes on and we sit by and watch.................. And any one who rises against the genocide, the blockade, the curfews and the slow death, is branded as terrorist and the world nods and looks the other way....................... well written friend, v poignant.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Wilderness.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..