Crushed

Crushed

A Story by DiggeyEleven
"

A romance story inspired by my love. I wanted it to be unique and full of imagery and metaphors. I hope it inspires other to think of different ways to write about love.

"

I want to reach my fingers deep within their sockets and pull those eyes from their skulls, feel as the muscles shred between my finger tips, feel as their bodies tremble in pain. But it’s hopeless for I am bound, left to stare up at the light blue sky, the sun a golden medallion pouring down unimaginable heat upon my body.

They watch me for much too long, the silence so discomforting my stomach heaves with disgust, my heart wants to shut down to escape the aura they release from those dark eyes and expressionless faces. They all look so similar, they conform so much to the world that their own bodies mutate to match their inner selves. They cannot stand to believe that I am different and have fallen so deeply into a state of bliss, have become so attached to someone in such a short time.

"You must remove this nonsense from your thoughts, or we will have no other choice but to crush you," they all bob their heads in agreement. How I wish I can wrap my hands around their necks and feel as their skin turns cold. "It does not happen, it cannot happen, so please we beg of you, clear your mind and be one with us again." To be one with them? I would rather be eaten by a pack of hungry wolves then to go through life as the normal say. This bliss I have felt, even if just temporary, even if it leads to my destruction is worth it all.

But I do not try to explain this, I only picture her jet black hair and smile into the heavens. "Just do it, for he is a lost cause." One fool reaches down and picks up one of the stones that will lead to my demise, he places it neatly upon my chest. I picture her head upon my chest. Another fool picks up a second and places it upon my arm. I feel her fingers sliding down my arm as the blood comes to halt at the base of the stone. When my arm disappears under stone, the fools grab more and begin to cover my leg. I feel her leg aligned with mine, the warmth from her body engrossing.

"You cannot be in love, tell us what is there to love about someone you do not even know? Explain it to us and perhaps we shall stop." The fools agree, and even as my bones are breaking under the weight of these stones I think of the reasons I love her. I think of her smile and laughter, her wit, and the way my heart laughs an exaggerated laugh around her. How she does not judge, how she can look upon others and while cautious, still not care if the beings before her strike. She is strong, and will not let the poison penetrate into her veins.

I let laughter fall from my lips, and they cringe at the sound. They place a larger stone upon my chest and proceed to cover the rest of my limbs, I only picture the bites she left upon my skin, and how I laughed at her attempts to injure me. I want to feel it once again, but my limbs are going numb and I only feel the prickling of the dirt, like thousands of piercing needles.

"Please tell us, if not, the stones will crush your lungs and when that begins we cannot help you. The pain will be great; your soul will hate you for the harm you cause upon its temple." I mouth the words, I do not care, but I will not let myself speak, and I think of more reasons why my love for her is strong. How I can lie in bed and be at peace with only her voice ringing in my ears. How I wish to watch her lips form her words. How I wish I can hold her close, feel the wisdom that trickles from her pores, makes even I same childish and new to this world. It is becoming harder to breathe but I do not care, her image comforts me.

My chest is now covered, but the stack grows higher and higher until my chest no longer rises and falls with my breathing. "Tell us, we must know, we must prepare ourselves for more like you. It sickens us to think that you can be so different, and that there could be more like you."

A tear rolls down my face and lands at the base of my ear, I no longer think about why I adore her. I think of the strength that she has gained from the hardships she has gone through. I think about the darkness she has overcome and the beasts she has had to battle. I think about the comfort that I wish to give her for the rest of my life, and another tear falls for I will never have a chance to give her even a fraction of that ease.

Still as they stack more stones upon my chest, even as I feel my ribs bend under the weight and the tips brush against my collapsing lungs, I tell myself that she will not have to endure great pain because I am willing to endure this. I imagine her hands intertwined with mine, it brings the smile back to my face which grows paler as my heart comes to a halt, struggling to move enriched blood through my crushed body.

"Why, how, give us something, anything, God damn it this cannot be!" I try to capture as much air as I can to speak the only words I wish to utter to them. They look at me with their sickening eyes, they lean in close their ears at attention.

"I just do," my heart beats softer in my head, the colors I see from lack of oxygen are beautiful and hypnotizing. But the only image that can bring me bliss, true wondrous bliss is hers. I am glad to have her image be my last, and to leave these fools with nothing. I am crushed, and still I love her deeply.

 

© 2009 DiggeyEleven


Author's Note

DiggeyEleven
Tell me everything and anything about this piece. I wanted to be unique and I need as much help as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I imaged this guy as and the was of a different civilization other than human. I think he fell in love with a human girl and it made him an outcast to his people and they didn't like it, so they decided to kill him for it. But also they couldn't understand why he would sacrifice himself for love. Love was the emotion his civilization didn't have and therefore couldn't comprehend. So before killing him they tried to get him to explain it to them. Interesting read, I think I've read this one...even better the second time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is a unique version of being buried alive. I thought your description was amazing and could not find any grammer or spelling mistakes. Your sentences are strong and vibrant. I am wondering who these 'fools' are and why they are so jealous of the MC's love? Can they not love themselves? Is this why they feel they must destroy what comes into contact with it? Is that why they are so curious about love?

great Job
Tigra

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. This was... very deep. It sparked a lot of emotions; almost made me cry.
Extremely well done. I don't see a single mistake.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I imaged this guy as and the was of a different civilization other than human. I think he fell in love with a human girl and it made him an outcast to his people and they didn't like it, so they decided to kill him for it. But also they couldn't understand why he would sacrifice himself for love. Love was the emotion his civilization didn't have and therefore couldn't comprehend. So before killing him they tried to get him to explain it to them. Interesting read, I think I've read this one...even better the second time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 23, 2009
Last Updated on May 2, 2009

Author

DiggeyEleven
DiggeyEleven

Hollywood, FL



About
I like to write, isn't that pretty much all you need to know? Just hoping that I can get my creative juices flowing again, and that this writing community will give me the help that I've been dying to.. more..

Writing
War War

A Story by DiggeyEleven



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Torn Torn

A Poem by Sean M. Addams


Staked Staked

A Poem by Morgan Ashire