My Ex's Wedding

My Ex's Wedding

A Story by Deana Leigh
"

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to see your ex fall in love with the girl of his dreams?

"
Five girls walk down an aisle to slow music holding white flowers, and they have short red dresses on. They look elegant with their hair pinned up, and their makeup is perfect. They all line up right next to each other, and six men stand on the opposite side of them, one of which looks exceptionally nervous. He stands out from the rest. He can't stand still and is looking anxiously up the aisle while the rest of the men are looking at him with huge smiles on their faces. "Here Comes the Bride" starts playing. Everyone stands up and turns to look to the back of the church. A beautiful woman with curly, shoulder length, brown hair is gliding down the aisle in an extravagant white dress. Her train lingers behind her and catches the flowers that the flower girl just careless dumped down the aisle. She is poised, yet you can see tears welling up in her brown eyes. In that moment, every girl wants to be her.
The nervous man is no longer moving. He is standing dead still with a look of awe on his face. If you look close enough, you can see a tear running down his left cheek. He can't believe that this moment is actually happening. She is about to be his for the rest of his life, and she is the most beautiful person that he has ever seen. It seems like it is taking her ages to walk to his side. 
Only a few seconds have passed, but she is finally there, placing her hands in his. They are staring at each other, and everyone can see that they are deeply in love. Everyone sits down, and the efficient starts to speak. 
"Do you take this women?"
The nervous man replies confidently. "I do."
The efficient asks the bride, "Do you take this man?"
She responds quickly without a doubt in her mind, "I do." 
The couple is pronounced husband and wife. They share a passionate kiss that seems like it could last for an eternity. People start to clap, but time starts to slow down and everything becomes blurry. This all sounds magical; it sounds like a dream. It's not... It's your ex's wedding.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to see your ex fall in love with the girl of his dreams? Have you ever thought about that horrid day that you see that they are engaged. Maybe you don't care, or maybe you're happy for him. There's always a piece of you that wonders though. What if I would have given into what he wanted? What if I would have called him that night? What if I never got out of his car? What if...
Yes, you think about it and know that there was a reason that your relationship did not work out. No, you don't regret anything, but that doesn't mean that your mind can't wonder. Yes, you're happy for him, and you know that you'll have your day at some point too. You might wish for your forever to come a little faster. I can guarantee you that it won't, but it is not worth it to pity yourself. You might be planning to live a long life alone with cats and dogs as your only companions, or you might think that Mr. Perfect is never going to come for you. Perfect will come in its own form somehow. 
Take a minute. Breathe. Remember. You can go ahead and think "why the hell would anyone marry him? She must be crazy!" You can cry because you are still single. You are welcomed to get angry, and be sad if that's what you want to do, but then move on. You'll miss Mr. Right if you're not careful. 

© 2017 Deana Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think a lot of people would pay someone to marry their ex. Am i being cynical.
In saying that. There's bound to be that one person who regrets leaving their ex. But that's usually because the next relationship turned out the same.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 16, 2017
Last Updated on May 16, 2017
Tags: love, weddings, ex, relationships

Author

Deana Leigh
Deana Leigh

PA



About
I'm 20 years old, and I am majoring in communication with a focus in public relations. I spend the majority of my life confused, but that's why I write. more..

Writing