The Warehouse

The Warehouse

A Story by RatWritings

The girl’s silver hair flew out behind her and she ran. Rain spewed from the clouds and drenched her through. Lightning sliced through the air and thunder roared above. Her silvery nightgown billowed out around her. The heavy footsteps behind her pounded like a stampede of horses. Her foot slapped the mud, sending the cold wet slop up her leg and slowly dripping down her leg into her white slippers. The girl frantically looked around her for a place to hide from her pursuer. Suddenly, she spotted the roof a large dark shape looming above the trees. Her heart nearly skipped a beat and she took off towards the trees.

“You won't tell!!!” Her chaser boomed. “I have to! You killed mom!!!” she shot back over her shoulder. “I don't care that you're my dad, you still killed her!!!” She faced front again and almost ran right into a stone wall. She pushed off the top with her hands and flew over the wall. The sight on the other side of the wall was a good one. An old warehouse rose high above the girl’s head. She let out a cry of relief and darted for the door.

A blast of cold air hit her face as she burst into the warehouse. A thick silence covered the air. As the girl ran between shelves and racks filled by boxes, the man came through the door. Her footsteps rang out in the silence as the man looked around in the large dark space.

The girl skidded to a halt and ducked down behind a clutter of boxes. Her breath billowed in front of her face in a cloud as she panted, exhausted from fleeing. The girl’s father walked slowly between two metal racks, looking all around. “I know you’re here, daughter.” he snarled softly. “I saw you come in.” The girl held her breath as he trudged past her. She did not reply to him.

Her father turned the corner into the lane where she was hiding, and she skittered across the metal floor behind a long rack covered with boxes and jars. She flinched as her father laughed a deep, malicious laugh that chilled her to the bone. “Don’t be scared of me, daughter.” he said is a silky voice. “I won’t hurt you.” “I don’t believe you!” the girl yelled, scrambling behind a stack of dusty books as her father’s gaze snapped her way.

Something glinted in her father’s hand. For the first time, the girl realized with a sickening jolt that her father was carrying a long knife in his grasp. It was shiny and looked very sharp. Her father gripped the leather handle in a very threatening way.

The girl looked at her father from between the stack of books and a large box. The cold shadows hid her well. Or so she thought. Her breath caught as her father stopped right beside her hiding place and bent down. His gaze seemed to bear into her own. “Where are you?” he murmured. As he stood back up, the girl let out a sigh of relief. He hadn’t seen her.

Then the girl accidentally bumped the stack of books. It tumbled forwards and hit the metal floor with a slap to hard that it rang out in the still air seconds after it had landed. Her father whirled towards the sound, and the girl knew she had been found. She bolted from her hiding spot like a deer running from a bullet. At the same time, her dad lunged forwards and struck out with the blade in his hand. The girl let out a cry and stumbled as the knife lodged deep in her side.

The girl crawled backwards from her father, whimpering as he slowly stepped closer to her. He grabbed her arm and yanked her to her feet. She cried out as it jolted her body and sent pain spiking through her side. Her father spun her around and held her close to his chest with one arm as he reached into his pocket with the other.

The girl struggled as hard as she could when she saw what her father had taken out of his pocket. It was a syringe. Her struggles slowly got weaker as her blood gushed out from the stab wound in her side. The cold metal of the syringe needle pressed against the artery in her neck. “Goodbye, daughter.” her father growled. “I can’t let you tell.” He plunged the syringe into her artery.

The girl’s vision grew blurry as her father injected her. Her legs shook from under her, and as her father let go, she collapsed onto the ground. She landed on the knife sticking from her side, and it thrust it deeper into her side.

The girl hoped her dad would be caught. She hoped her death and her mother’s death would be avenged. As the girl bled out onto the warehouse floor and poison slowly coursed through her, her dad walked over to the door of the warehouse and walked out into the storm.

© 2017 RatWritings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderful story Mari! Just a bit of advice, the part where they are yelling, maybe undertone it by not using all capital letters, I remember this one time in second grade where we had an on demand writing, and i wrote about something about lions and i took up 4 lines of the paper because the lion was yelling


and i legit got a bad grade on it just for that lmao




great job though again

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful story Mari! Just a bit of advice, the part where they are yelling, maybe undertone it by not using all capital letters, I remember this one time in second grade where we had an on demand writing, and i wrote about something about lions and i took up 4 lines of the paper because the lion was yelling


and i legit got a bad grade on it just for that lmao




great job though again

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2017
Last Updated on November 20, 2017
Tags: shortstory, warehouse

Author

RatWritings
RatWritings

ME



About
I've been writing since second or third grade. Bear with me if my work is really bad. I also draw, and I can play multiple instruments like viola, violin, flute, and melodica. I'm self teaching myself.. more..

Writing
Heartbeat Heartbeat

A Story by RatWritings