New Stinky Ad In Yahoo Email (missed by Adblock Plus)

New Stinky Ad In Yahoo Email (missed by Adblock Plus)

A Story by dw817
"

Some of the things I do is tell you about is sneaky tricky amazering ways of getting past bad and annoying things on the Internet and your computer.

"






STINKY ADS

Pee yuu !

Hey, one thing I like to do is keep you up to date and informed about tips and tricks on how to get past spam, pop-ups, viruses, and other computer and Internet annoyances.

I haven't seen this one before so it must be REALLY NEW as of a few days ago. I put Mr. Stinky up there to point it out. It's a frame that appears over your Email and has an ad that changes each time you refresh the contents.

Well cause it's so new
Adblock Plus (which I use all the time and is an awesome free program BTW), is not yet aware of it I think cause it's not blocking it all darnit !

So ! I thought up this filter to help ya remove it. In Firefox, click on your ABP icon which is in the bottom-left-hand corner of your screen. Click Filter Preferences.

If you haven't yet done so in here, click Add Filter Group on the left, then Add Filter on the right, then type out carefully in that new field, just the way it looks:

*div#tgtMLFT.darla*

Make sure it's checkmark enabled, click CLOSE and there ya have it !

Reload your Yahoo Email by pressing F5 and see that it is indeed gone and you can see all the contents of your mail now. If not lemme know and I'll fine tune it for ya.



I'll try and keep you informed of more neat tips & tricks later !


Return home
HERE.

© 2013 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Boy are you ever smart. Great tip.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

10 Years Ago

R - Really ?? Well I was reading this yesterday and thought MAN ! No-one is gonna figure this mess o.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
1 Review
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013
Tags: davidw, adblock plus, ad block, spam block

Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing