Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eagle Scout
"

Eagle Scout meets a woman that is a real pain, but know that there is a real person inside.

"

When the opportunity arose to help save the environment and wildlife, for State and National parks, Eagle Scout jumped at the chance to get involved.  The purpose of this meeting was to propose a solution to fix the problem.  After that they need to go out and have people sign a petition, so they can send the proposal to the President of the United States.  The lady in charge of the meeting is someone from the Wildlife Environmental Conservation, whose name is Sara, and Eagle Scout heard that she was a “by the book person” and knows how to get on peoples nerves real fast.  Her hair was black and went just past her shoulders.  Her face was plain, but if she did anything with it she could be very beautiful.

“All right if everybody would take their seats we can get this meeting started.”  Sara said as she organized some papers at the table she was standing at.

Slowly the conversations ended, and the people standing took a seat.  Eagle Scout took a seat fairly close to the back, so as not to be too overly in to the meeting. 

“Now we all know why we’re here, so let’s start with a plan of action, for the bill.  Does anybody have any suggestions?” Sara said as she moved to the front center of the room.

Then one by one suggestions were made, some mentioned funding, and others mentioned stricter law enforcement, and one mentioned harder training for the park rangers.

Then Eagle Scout piped up.  “Just don’t give them too hard of a training or they’ll all end up like her.”

There were laughs throughout the room, and Sara gave Eagle Scout a cold hard stare.

“So we do have a wise crack in the room.  Now does Mr. Wise Crack have any appropriate suggestions, or are you here just to waste my time?” Sara could have said sarcastically if she new what that was.  

“How about just having stronger protection for the wildlife and find a way to get others involved?  Either by having them joining the conservation or volunteering.  And the name is Richard.” Eagle Scout said in a tone that was meant to be sarcastic.

After Eagle Scout finished there was an applause from the room as everyone agreed on Eagle Scouts point.  Sara face turned red, and the only was to stay cool was start banging her gavel on the table.

As the noise died down Sara stated.  “Well it seems our wise crack does have a good idea after all.  So that gives us four point and we just need to come up with at least five.

            Sara surveys the room and looks at the puzzled faces in the crowd, and then her eyes look onto Eagle Scouts.  “Mr. Wise Crack you seem to be the bright one here, any more ideas in that noggin of yours?”

In unison all heads turned to Eagle Scout, while he sat there locked in gaze with Sara.

Of course I have more ideas Eagle Scout thought to himself.  Even if nobody else was he was sure to come prepared, he was an Eagle Scout after all.  And being prepared became second nature to him, even when life throws you a curve ball like this wildlife conservation representative sent to hold this meeting.

Finally Eagle Scout spoke up.  “Well Miss. No Sense of Humor, I do.  We need a way to make the environment cleaner.” 

Sara was hoping that this Richard guy would make a mistake for she was about to lose her nerves.  Now over the course of her twenty something years Sara has built a wall around herself.  She has gotten tired of always getting pushed around, picked, and hit on.  She went through a process of toughening herself up mentally, and hiding her emotions and feelings behind this tough exterior she created for herself.  So after all this time of isolating herself here was this guy pushing his was through.  

Realizing that everybody was waiting for her response she continued.  “I’m impressed with you.  So here are your five points: how to get funding, ways for stronger protection, ways to clean environment, stricter environment law enforcement, and training for park rangers.”

Everyone began writing these points on a piece of paper.  Some even started to expand on some of the point.

After most of the writing stopped Sara began again.  “Step two on tonight agenda, we need to split up into pairs so we can go around the community and have the citizens sign a petition.  Remember we need five thousand signatures, and your ideas on the five points, by next months meeting.  Then I can put the points together in a formal letter, and along with petition, I will then send it to the President of the United States.  So without further ado pair up into teams of your choosing and I will see you all next month.

Eagle Scout watched everyone form a group and they left two by two out of the room discussing a plan of action for their area of assignment.  Eagle Scout was asked a couple of time to join a group, but for some reason he was holding out.  When it was just him and Sara left, he got up form his seat and walked over to her.

Sara was putting her paper into a brief case, when she noticed someone standing next to her.  She slowly shut and locked her brief case before looking up.  As she saw who was standing there her heart suddenly stopped.  All she could think to do was run out of here as fast as she could, for some reason this guy was having a strange effect on her and she was scared.  So she took a deep breath steadied her nerves as much as possible and got her hard nosed self under control.

“Oh Mr. Wise Crack, I see no one want you for their partner.  Why am I not surprised.”

Eagle Scout made a small laugh at the comment.  “It looks like I’m stuck with you then.”

Sara unconsciously let out a loud laugh and almost cracked a smile, and that running sensation returned.

“Wow, she does know how to laugh, and I almost got you to smile.  So where are we going to meet to start or part of the petition?”

With a dreadful look in her eye, she gave Eagle Scout a time and place to meet.  Then she hurriedly picked up her brief case and exited the room.  Eagle Scout watched her leave then put on a sheepish grin and left behind her.



© 2010 Eagle Scout


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 13, 2010
Last Updated on March 13, 2010


Author

Eagle Scout
Eagle Scout

St. Charles, MO



Writing
Locked In Locked In

A Chapter by Eagle Scout