Humble Beginnings

Humble Beginnings

A Chapter by Eagle Scout

As the sun was setting behind the mall two vans, with a picture of a Hydra painted on them, pull into the parking lot.  The first van was red and carried six people.  The second van was blue and carried five people.  As they got out of the vans they began unloading four black, metal storage containers, with a Hydra painted on the lid.  As the last container was unloaded a guy with orange hair, whose name is Billy McNeil, got out of the red van and went to one of the men. 

“Get these men and the containers inside the security office.  I’ll be with you in a second.” said Billy.

 “Well do.”  Then immediately man got the other guys to pick up the container, which took two guys per container, and lead them to the mall security office.

As the men were moving the containers, Billy was walking over to the driver’s side window of the blue van.  Now this driver’s window was tinted black and was cracked a little so as not to reveal any part of the driver.

 “Get them inside quickly and quietly, so we don’t arouse any suspicion.” the Mystery Guy began.   “Now hurry up and take out the real security personal, and wait for the mall to close to begin the operation.”

“It will be done within the hour, I won’t let the Hydra’s down.” Billy said.

“Of course you won’t that is why I picked you for the mission” said the Mystery Guy.

“Thank you for your confidence in me, but are you sure the fish will take the bait.” Billy asked.

 “Don’t concern yourself with objectives that are not your own.  But if you must know yes he will.” this Mystery Guy stated. 

Before Billy could say anything the Mystery Guy began talking.  “Now get your men inside and start your mission, I have a phone call to make.”

With that the Mystery Guy puts his window up all the way.  He then drives out of the parking lot.  Billy after jumping away from the van starts walking to the mall security office.

When Billy walked in the security office, the men were wearing Mall Security uniforms, and were carrying semi-automatics in their hands, a hand gun holstered to their left hip, and a knife strapped to their right leg.  They also had on walkie-talkie head set.  In front of the men were the four containers with the lids open.  The first container held the mall security uniforms.  The second held the semi-automatics.  The third held the hand guns.  Finally the fourth held knifes and the walkie-talkie head sets.  In each container held one item of each for Billy.

“I’m going to make this briefing short.” Billy started.  “For this mission there will be no using names, you will be a number.  As I point to you I will tell you your number and also your position.” without pausing, Billy began assigning numbers and positions.  “Ten, you will patrol outside west to east on the north side of the mall.  Nine, you will do the same a Ten, but on the south side of the mall.  Eight, you have the east and north wing of the upper level.  Seven, you have the west and south of the upper level.  Six, you have all of the upper level.  Five, you have west and north of the lower level.  Four, you have east and south of the lower level.  Three, you have all of the lower level.  Two, you have the whole mall. Finally you will report to me as number One.  Now get to your posts.”

With that said the men went to their areas and began patrolling, while Billy sat in the security office watching the security cameras.  

 

His name is Richard Eagle, but soon will be known as Eagle Scout.  Now he’s not what you would consider your typical hero.  He is in his early twenty’s, and doesn’t take anything too serious.  He is not one who goes looking for trouble; he avoids it at all cost.  He lives pretty much a normal life.  Has an o.k. job, good friends, and doesn’t ask for too much.  He lives in a one bed room apartment, and is single.  Not because he chooses to be, but because he has no luck with the opposite sex. 

He’s just got off from work and wants to do nothing except eat, watch TV, and rest.  He walks in the door, sits down in a chair in the front room, takes off his shoes, and puts his feet on a stool.  He just starts to get comfortable when the phone rings.  He doesn’t want to answer it, but for some reason he does.  He gets out of the chair walks to the other side of the front room and answers the phone. 

“Hello?” Eagle Scout said in a tired voice.

“Hay cousin, good your home.” said an excited voice on the other end. 

It’s his cousin Arnold, who only calls when he wants something.  Now Arnold also never seems to repays Eagle Scout, he cons his way in then cons his way out. 

“What do you want this time Arnold?” Eagle Scout asked.

“Now what makes you think I want something?” Arnold said sounding a bit ashamed.

With a soft sigh he says “Because the only time you call me is when you want something, and I get stuck paying for it”

Before Arnold could reply Eagle Scout mentions “without repayment.”

“OK, OK I’ll admit that I’ve always jerked you around, but this time I have the money plus some extra that I owe you.” exclaimed Arnold

“And what would you like me to do this time?” Eagle Scout said sarcastically. 

“It’s nothing too strenuous.  All you have to do is go to the mall and pick up a movie that I have on hold.” Arnold answers.

After hearing that his cousin wants him to go to the mall Eagle Scout glances over to his VCR to check the time, nine o’clock.  “You do realize that the mall closes in a half an hour?”

“It does?  I did not know that.”  Arnold tells Eagle Scout.

Now scratching his head Eagle Scout knows he’s going to regret this, but finally agrees. “Alright, but you will pay me when I drop it off to you.  Or else I will keep the movie, and never do anything for you again.”

“I have the money, I promise.  And it will be yours when you give me the movie.  Goodbye”.

Before Eagle Scout could say anything Arnold hangs his phone up.

“Somehow, I’m still going to get the money he owes me.” Eagle Scout says to himself.

So he put his shoes back on, grabbed the car keys and walks out the door.



© 2010 Eagle Scout


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Eagle Scout
Eagle Scout

St. Charles, MO



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eagle Scout


Locked In Locked In

A Chapter by Eagle Scout