Divide and Conquer

Divide and Conquer

A Chapter by Eagle Scout

While Eagle Scout was getting himself another cup of soda he heard a sound coming from across the food court and into the arcade room.  So he walked over to arcade and when Eagle Scout approached he saw a guy playing a football game.  Eagle Scout recognized him as Number 6.

            Eagle Scout walked over and put a dollar into a coin machine and got four quarters in return.  Astonishingly Number 6 did not hear the coins fall in the machine.  Now Eagle Scout walked over to number 6 and put his quarters on the machine.

            “Mind if I join in?” Eagle Scout said playfully

            Number 6 was startled for a second, but he grabbed his gun and pointed it at Eagle Scout.

            “You’re not suppose to be moving.  I saw you fall.”

“You’re not the first person to tell me that today, but let me make you a deal.  If I beat you in this game, then you will tell me where you have the girl.  Now if you beat me then you can take me to your orange haired friend.”

            Not seriously believing this Number 6 started laughing, but he finally agreed.  “You got yourself a deal.”

            Number 6 picked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Eagle Scout picked the Kansas City Chiefs.  During their game play, unbeknownst to the Number 6, Eagle Scout unplugged his head set from its receiver. 

            “I’m impressed you’re better then what I thought.  I guess you’re not just a gun tot ten bad guy after all.” Eagle Scout said jokingly. 

            “Well after one more quarter I’m going to be tot ten this gun in your back all the way to my end zone.” Number 6 replied.

            “You may not want to get to trigger happy. Your boss might give you an award for bring me back.” Eagle Scout mentioned.

            “Yow, an award I might even get promoted to Number 5.”

            “For you no, I’d make them give you Number 1.  But don’t get to cocky the games not over yet.”  Eagle Scout replied.

“I like the sound of that me Number 1.”  Number 6 said to himself.

            Eagle Scout thought that for once a plan that was actually working.  Getting this Number 6 so full of himself, he had to keep from not laughing. But he did manage a slight smile.

             But the score of the game told the truth, 21-20 Eagle Scout winning by 1 point.  With less then a minute to play it was Eagle Scouts ball.  He was on the 50 yard line, handed the ball to Priest Holmes.  He got a good run, Warren Sapp missed a tackle at the line of scrimmage, then Derrick Brooks missed a tackle on the 30 yard line, but ran strait in to John Lynch on the 20.  Where Holmes, of all things, fumbled and lost the ball.  Now Number 6 had about 40 seconds, to go 80 yards, to get a touch down or a field goal to win.  Eagle Scout knew Number 6 was going to be passing, so all Eagle Scout had to do was play it safe.  With no time outs Number 6 had to hurry.  From the shot gun on the 20 it went Johnson to Johnson for 15 yards.  On the 35 it went Johnson to McCardell for 20 yards with 30 ticks of the clock left.  Next play from the 45 Johnson to Dilger for 10 yards, and stepped out of bounds with 25 seconds to go.  He had maybe 3 more plays left.  Now he went Johnson to Jurevicius for another 10 yards.  He was running out of time now for the next play Eagle Scout sacked Number 6’s quarterback for a five yard loss.  With the clock now rapidly reaching 0 he had to spike the ball, then try for a field goal.  With 1 second on the clock his field goal unit was taking the field.  Eagle Scout had to think of something and fast.  So just when Number 6 was about to hit the button, Eagle Scout bumped the machine, which caused Number 6 to jerked the control stick and the football went wide right.  Game over.

            “Great game, now if you will come with me.”  Eagle Scout informed Number 6

“Go with you, I would have won if you didn’t bump the machine.”  Number 6 answered.

“Sorry, but I thought I saw a spider crawling up my leg.” He replied.

“You’re the one who’s going to be sorry.”  Grabbing his head set Number 6 started talking.  “This is Number 6 I request that all unit move to the arcade I have the intruder in my sight.  Over.”

            Eagle Scout laughing as he watched Number 6 talking.  “I don’t think anybody’s going to hear you.”

            “What are you talking about?”  Number 6 questioned.

Eagle Scout pointed to the disconnected head set.  When Number 6 went to reconnect the head set, Eagle Scout kicked the gun out of the Number 6’s hands.  Number 6 grabbed his hand, the gun went flying up into the air.  When the gun came back down Eagle Scout snatched the gun out of the air, and brought the butt of the gun down on the bad guy head.

            “Great, another on that’s out cold, I guess I should hide this on too.”

            So the Eagle Scout dragged Number 6 to the restaurant store room and laid him next to the other guy.  But before he left he grabbed Number 6’s head set.

Eagle Scouts mind was blank; he had no idea where Angie was, or even if she was safe.  So he got another cup of soda and sat down at one of the tables.  He had taken out three guys with gun, by pure luck, and still had no idea what was going on.  He planned on asking the last guy some questions, but that didn’t go as intended.  Then a voice was talking in the head set.          

“Number 6 and 7 report, you are five minutes past check in time.  Billy they’re not responding.”

“This is Number 1, all units report in.”

            Then one by one the units reported Number 2, Number 3, Number 4, and Number 5.  Now Number 9 and Number 10 said that they were in the parking lot.  So Eagle Scout only had to worry about four, and Billy.

            “Number 6 and 7 report, this is your last chance”.

            “Now what do you want those two idiots for. Let’s see Number 7 is stuffing his face and Number 6 missed the field goal.”  Eagle Scout said over the head set.

            “Who is this, and how did you get here?”  Billy realized who it was just as soon as the words left his mouth. 

            “I’m the guy that you dropped fifteen feet, but you can call me the Eagle Scout.”

            A little shocked and angry Billy still managed a strong calm voice.  “Well, what do you know you survived the fall?  There’s someone here that will be happy to hear that.”

            With a questioning look on her face, Angie didn’t know who he was talking to.  But then realization came to her.  So she took a deep breath and yelled.  “Help me, Richard.”

            Then the transmission was ended, and now Eagle Scout knew they would stop at nothing to find him now. So he got up from the table and left the food court.

Eagle Scout was walking back towards the center of the mall, were the Astronomy display was set up, when he noticed a bad guy slowly walking towards him.  So without a moment’s hesitation Eagle Scout ducked under one of the tables set up for the Astronomy display.  But as he went under the table, he bumped it and the table scooted about an inch and the Astronomy pamphlets went flying to the floor.

            With a jolt Number 5 brought his weapon up and scanned the area.  “Who’s there?”

            Then the walked over to the Astronomy display, and noticed the pamphlets on the floor.  “I’ve got you now.  Get out from under the table and come with me.”

            Great how am I going to get out of this one Eagle Scout thought?  And before he knew what he was doing or why, he lowered the legs from one end of the table so that the table was now at a forty-five degree angle.  Eagle Scout got out from underneath the table and walked over to the part of the table that was sticking up.

            As Eagle Scout was getting in to the position he wanted and hoping that Number 5 was as dumb as the other Number’s were.  “If you want me, than come over here and get me.”

“It will be my pleasure” and Number 5 headed towards the table.

            Just like the Eagle Scout predicted the bad guy walked up to the lower end of the table.  The only way the bad guy could get a good shot, if need be, was to walk a little bit up the table.  And just when the bad guy had both feet on the table, Eagle Scout jumped up on the other end to catapult Number 5 in to the air.  But what Eagle Scout didn’t plan on was hanging down above the table is this huge model of the solar system and the bad guy’s head went into the moon.

            “That gives a new meaning to the man in the moon.”  Then Eagle Scout had to laugh out loud.  But the moment quickly passed as another Number came up from behind him.

            “Don’t move, put your hands on your head and turn around gradually.”

            Now Eagle Scout had to laugh at himself for being so careless.  So with no other choice Eagle Scout put his hands on his head and turned around.  When he turned around he saw the shadow from the model above wobbling out of control. 

            As Eagle Scout was standing face to face with Number 4.  Eagle Scout saw that the model of the sun was directly above Number 4 

“Hey look it’s the sun.”

With a confused look Number 4 said. “What are you talking about the suns not suppose to rise for a couple of more hours.

            “Well no, but it will be the first time the sun sets twice in one day.”  Eagle Scout countered.

            With that the model sun came crashing down on top of Number 5’s head.  Then before Eagle Scout could do anything a he heard a loud noise from behind him.  Eagle Scout turned around to see what had happened; he observed that the man in the moon fell to the ground. 

 



© 2010 Eagle Scout


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Eagle Scout
Eagle Scout

St. Charles, MO



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eagle Scout