Collision

Collision

A Chapter by Eagle Scout

“So now what are your plans to get us down to that lower entrance, genius?” with a look that was getting more grim as the minutes past.

            What gratitude Eagle Scout thought here I am trying to save her, but she can not accept the simple fact that I’m risking my life to save hers.  For he didn’t have to save her from that guy back in the store, but being the type of guy he is he did despite the consequences.  As Eagle Scout was thinking he happened to be staring at a banner, which said Astronomy display this weekend, strung across the opening as you’re looking down towards the lower level.  Then he snapped his fingers, “I got it.”      

            “What do you got?” as she looked in a wide eye surprise.

            “Go over to that side of the banner.” Eagle Scout told Angie as he went hopping towards the other side of the banner.

            When he reached his side of the banner he took the knife he borrowed and cut the end of the rope.  He saw the banner do a swinging fall to the other side.  Then he looked straight across at Angie and saw her shaking her head and mouthing “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

            “There is no way that I am climbing down that banner.” Angie started to say as Eagle Scout come within reach of her.

            “Well unless you have a bett…”, but was cut short by Angie’s interruption.

            “What a better idea is that what you were going to say?”  When she saw Eagle Scout finally nod his head, she continued.  “Well as a matter of fact I do have an idea.  I say we say the heck with it and run straight through that laser trap and out the door.

            Eagle Scout gave Angie some time to recatch her breathe.  “Under different yes I would agree with you.  However there are guys outside of the mall too and as soon as those lasers are tripped they will be waiting for us outside that door.”

            With that said Angie slumped her head in shame.  “Now if you like I will go down first.  When I reach the floor you start down and if you happen to slip I will be there to catch you.”

            So very carefully Eagle Scout flung himself over the railing like skills of a cat.  Standing on the ledge he positioned himself so that the banner was between his legs.  Then he slowly eased himself down the length of the banner.   

When he was about half way down one of the bad guys came around the corner.  Immediately the bad guy ran towards them while talking into his head set.  “This is Number 6 I’ve spotted the intruders in Number 8’s position on my way to intercept.”

            “I want everyone to that level now.  Number 4 take your position on the lower level of that area.” Eagle Scout heard a voice say over his headset.

            Eagle Scout had to think and think fast.  He knew that the banner would not support two people, and continuing his was down towards the lower was not an option, at least not without Angie.  With bad guys rapidly surrounding them there would be no escape if he climbed back up top, and he saw that Angie was again frozen with fear as on of the guys grabbed her arm and pointed his weapon in her face.  So holding the banner tightly with his left hand he brought his right lower then his left and wrapped it around the banner for a better grip then did the same with his left hand.  Since he was going nowhere he wanted to make sure he at least had a good grip on the banner. 

“What have we here?  Looks to me like a couple of people trapped like rats.  I hope you don’t mind hanging around for awhile?” came a voice from above Eagle Scout followed by laughter from the other bad guys.  So Eagle Scout gave a hard swallow and when he looked up he saw a guy with orange hair standing above him.

One of the bad guys happened to look into the video store and spotted the guns lying on the counter.  “Billy I think I see Number 8’s weapons?”

The guy with the orange hair spoke up.  “Go check it out.”

Billy then leaned in closer to Eagle Scout.  “Looks like you’ve been a busy person, but did you really think you could escape this place?”

Before Eagle Scout could answer the guy came back holding a second pair of weapons.  “They’re his alright, but no sign of Number 8.”

“So what have you done with him?” gripping the hand rail a little tighter.

As confident as Eagle Scout could manage said, “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Now slamming his fist against the railing and getting angrier by the second, “Don’t play games with me, you know exactly what I am talking about.  After all those are his weapons and I bet that’s his head set you are wearing?”

“Oh that guy.  I have him tied up with something at the moment.”  As he managed put a smile on his face.

            “This is no time for jokes.  I have a mission to accomplish, and I can’t complete it with you pest in my way.  Number 2 cut him down.”

            “No, you can’t kill him we didn’t do anything wrong.” piped up Angie.

            Pointing to the bad guy that was standing close to her, “Number 1 shut that squealing girl up and take her to the office.  Number 2 finish with this trouble maker, we have a mission to get back to.”

Slowly Billy starts to turn and walk away, but only got a few feet before Eagle Scout halted him in his tracks.

“Hay Orange top if you want to kill me why don’t you do it yourself?”

            With out saying anything Billy quickly walked back to the banner while pulling his knife out and with one swift stroke cut the rope holding up the banner.  Eagle Scout caught completely off guard tried to brace his self as he plunged to the floor below.

            “Alright, shows over get back to work.  I want to get this mission over with.”  As he put his knife away and gazed at the sprawled out figure on the ground below.

            “What do you want us to do with him?”  asked Number 4 as he took the head set and knife off of Eagle Scouts body.

            “Leave him.  He’s not going anywhere.” With a smirk on Billy’s face he turned and walked away from the vicinity. 

            All Angie could do as she was being carried off to who knows where, was looking over her shoulder hoping Richard was alright, though she dreaded the worse.  Then Billy walked up to them, and pushed her head forward.  Now she thought all hope was lost, she shed a single tear and feared that this was going to be her last night alive.



© 2010 Eagle Scout


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Eagle Scout
Eagle Scout

St. Charles, MO



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eagle Scout