Future?

Future?

A Chapter by Eagle Scout

Eagle Scout was taking deep breaths to get his nerves back somewhat under control, when he heard a noise coming from his left.  So the Eagle Scout strolls off into that direction.  He gets about half way down when not one, but two guys make there way around the corner.  Now Eagle Scout was right in the open with nowhere to hide.  By process of elimination Eagle new that these guys had to be number’s 2 and 3.

“Look what we’ve found here.  Our fallen hero has woke up and decided to play.” said Number 3

“You guys don’t know when to quit do you.” Eagle Scout was quick to reply.

“We don’t know the meaning of the word.” Number 3 answered back.   

            “But your end is now, for this is the end of the road for you.  You’ll regret the day you messed with the Hydras.” said Number 2.  Then Number 2 and 3 raised their weapons.

            Eagle Scout was looking frantically around for a way out of this, when he noticed the semi-automatic that Number 3 was holding, and smiled.  For the semi he was carrying had a florescent orange circle around the barrel tip.  Now Eagle Scout didn’t know a whole lot about guns, but one of two things could happen if he pulled the trigger.  Either the weapon would just misfire, or it would backfire, and Eagle Scout was hoping for the latter.

In a normal voice Eagle Scout asked “So who’s the lucky one that gets to finish me?”

Number 3 turned to Number 2and said “This is personal he got my brother, I want the first shot.”

“No argument here, he’s yours.”  Number 2 replied

            Number 3 lined Eagle Scout up in his sights, got a nice clean aim, slowly pulled the trigger back…BOOM!!  Eagle Scout went flying back hit the ground and was still.  Eagle Scout opened his eyes gasped for air, and checked for a bullet hole.  When he didn’t find one, he steadies himself to his feet, and saw he two guys sprawled out on their back.  He looked down towards the direction the two guys came from, and saw a door that says Security Office.  If Angie was to be any where they’d keep here in there.  Seeing that no one was around, Eagle Scout walked down the hall towards the security door.  Now hoping that his night was complete, Eagle Scout turned the door handle.

“Of course, it’s locked.” Eagle Scout mumbles to himself.  

Eagle Scout started to hear a voice coming from the other side of the door crying, “Help Me”, and he knew it must be Angie.  Since he didn’t have anything to pick the lock with, he didn’t know how to open the door.  So he started kicking and throwing his shoulder into the door, but it didn’t budge.  Eagle Scout stepped away from the door and just stared at it.

“It would be easier if you had this key.”

            Eagle Scout turned toward the sound of the voice and sees Billy standing there dangling the key from his finger. 

            Now I can finally get answers from this guy.  So wasting no time Eagle Scout started talking.

“Who are you and why are you doing this?”

Looking Eagle Scout dead in the eyes Billy answered “I am part of a group called the Sons and Daughters of Liberty now as for why that is none of your concern right now?”

            “What do you mean none of my concern?  I’ve had weapons pointed at me, and you even tried to kill me once already.”  Eagle Scout said in a raised and angered voice.

“No harm would have come to you …. at least not tonight.  I was just testing you.” Billy mentioned.

Eagle Scout was now getting more confused with every question.  “Testing me!  What are you testing me for?”

In a short responds Billy said “The Future?” 

            With Eagle Scout pondering over what was just said, Billy tosses him the key to the door.  Eagle Scout now completely caught off guard watches the keys slid right past him.

Billy seeing Eagle Scouts confused look decided to ease the situation.  “The girl was never part of the agreement.  So get her out of here and I’ll be seeing you again soon.”

            So with out further delay Eagle Scout turn around and picks the keys up off the floor and unlocked the door to rescue Angie.  But as Eagle slides the key in the lock he noticed that Billy was gone. 

            With the door now unlocked Eagle Scout opened the door and sees Angie tied up to a chair in the far corner of the office.

            Angie saw Richard and immediately breathed a sigh of relief.  For the first time tonight she was glad to see him.  Then Richard walked over to her, and untied her from the chair.

With Angie untied from the chair Eagle Scout said. “Everything is going to be fine.  There’s no one else to get in our way.”

“I’m so relieved.  Now I just want out of here and to go home.” Angie responded.

“I’ll agree on that.  Let’s go.”

Eagle Scout grabbed her hand and raised her from the chair, and they left the Security office together.

            “I want to tell you I’m sorry for not believing in you earlier tonight.”  Angie said.

            “I made a promised that I was going to get you out of here.  And I never break a promise.  Even though you didn’t believe in me I still could not have left you here.”  Eagle Scout answered.

            She gave him a soft smile looked longingly into his eyes, and then all of a sudden time itself seemed to forget about all of the night’s events.  As two strangers caught in the middle of a mall takeover embraced with a soft gentle kiss. 

            “What was that for?” Eagle Scout asked.

“Think of it as my way of saying thanks, for not giving up on me.”  Then Angie gave Richard a warm smile and they both headed towards the parking lot together.

They could hear the sirens of police cars as soon as the stepped outside.  Then they saw the light flashing in the early morning dew.  Suddenly a car came racing towards them, Eagle Scout pushed Angie out of the way, and the car came to a screeching halt in front of them. 

“I don’t believe it.” Eagle Scout laughed out loud.

“What don’t you believe?” Angie asked in confusion.

Eagle Scout turned towards her “It’s my cousin.  He’s the last person I expected to show up.”

            Arnold got out of the car and walked over to Richard.  “Well now what did you get yourself into?”

“Me?  I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.” Eagle Scout said slapping Arnold on the shoulder.

“You’re blaming this on me.” Arnold cried.

“No, that’s not what I mean.  You’re the one who sent me here for a video, but it looks like you did bring the Calvary with you.”  Eagle Scout said.

            When Eagle Scout looked around cops had the mall completely surrounded.  Then the detective that must’ve been in charge of the operation, walked over to them and started ask questions.  Eagle Scout told his story about the night’s events, while the detective wrote in a note pad.  When the detective finished he said that they were free to go.  That’s when another car pull into the parking lot, and a man got out.

            Then Angie cried out “Jack!”

            She left from Richards’s side and went running towards her boyfriend Jack.  She hugged him and he helped her into the car.  But before she went inside she looked over to Eagle Scout.  “Thank you Richard.”

            Eagle Scout waved a hand at her, she waved back at him, and she was gone.

            “Forget about her, there’s plenty more out there.” Arnold pointed out.

            “You know that’s the first time you actually make any sense.  I’m going to go home, and I’ll talk to you later.

“Whatever you say man, and watch your back.” Then Arnold got back into his car and drove off.

Before Eagle Scout started to head towards his car he over heard a cop tell the detective that the mall security tapes were missing.

So Eagle Scout walked slowly to his car, which was on the other side of the mall; replaying the night’s events over in his head, and wondering about the last thing that Billy said, “The Future”.  What was that suppose to mean?  Any number of things can happen between now and then.  So Eagle Scout thought he’ll just take it one at a time, for the future isn’t here yet.  When Eagle Scout reached his car he remembered something else that Billy had said “Son and Daughters of Liberty”.  But then he remembered another guy mention something about Hydras, and Eagle wonder why a group would need two names.  Now just wanting to get home himself Eagle Scout got into his car and drove off into the sunrise. 

 

 

The End

 



© 2010 Eagle Scout


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Eagle Scout
Eagle Scout

St. Charles, MO



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eagle Scout