A Story of Audacious Noodles

A Story of Audacious Noodles

A Story by Emily Hernandez
"

This story is meant to entertain you. It's actually a true story that I experienced a couple summers ago. My younger brother and I are always squabbling, and this story is one of my favorite examples.

"

A Story of Audacious Noodles

 

          I came downstairs, hungry from a long morning of helping my mom with housework. We had just completed a bunch of tasks I believed to be entirely non- useful, and I was parched. Once I got to the kitchen to get myself some water, I spotted a pot on the stove. Nobody seemed to be tending to it; my mom was upstairs, my dad was doing yard work, and my brother Luke was cleaning the basement. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

          Once I got to the pot, I discovered some almost-cooked ramen noodles. My stomach growled in concurrence as I took on the task of finishing the noodles. I began to twirl the noodles, spinning them to the perfect consistency. Once I was satisfied, I turned the stove off and left the noodles to cool a bit.

          I headed for the restroom, and inside I spotted what I believed to be a demon, hiding in the shadows. Frightened by this intruder, and swatted harshly towards it. The demon cowered and exclaimed, in a whiney voice, “What was that for?” Wait, I knew that voice. That is no demon, it is young Luke! He has abandoned his duty in the basement and come upstairs to make some noodles!

          Interrogating him, I questioned whether he had cleaned the basement yet or not. I already knew the answer, but he still gave me a deceitful one. I ran downstairs to check his work so when I discovered he hadn’t actually done it I could give him a nice long lecture about responsibility. As I had presumed, Luke had cleaned absolutely nothing.

          Still in the basement, I hear a semi-distant slam, then the swift sound of furniture being moved. Furiously, I realized Luke was trying to lock me in the basement! I laughed hysterically, knowing he couldn’t hold me long. But then I remembered my noodles.

          I rushed to my ramens and quickly transferred them to a bowl. I sit down at the kitchen table, and as I begin my first delicious bite, the bowl is snatched from under me!

          Luke ran upstairs stealthily, but I knew exactly where he was going. As I run into his room, he goes straight out! I followed him down the stairs and chased him around the main floor a few times. At least I knew the ramens would be cooled by now.

          Finally, I catch up to the fool, and I’ve got him cornered. As I reach for the bowl of precious ramen noodles, he instinctively pulls his arm back. The noodles fall to the ground.

          I say a prayer to the fallen. Goodbye, dear noodles.

         

© 2015 Emily Hernandez


Author's Note

Emily Hernandez
I'm new on this website and would really appreciate your review! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have some tense issues that I'm sure you could easily fix up. Also- the story could flow together more. Over all, though, I did enjoy reading this and think you have some definite potential!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015
Tags: funny, cool, teen, siblings, noodles