The Infinite Rope

The Infinite Rope

A Story by SLOVA
"

A young man finds himself coming back to see someone several times over again.

"
Olivier Olivieri walked alone in a deep wood, which he felt he had walked several times before, certain of where he was going. However, Olivier was a forgetful man. Down the trail, across the creek, and past the church was where he and his friend would meet. "Do you see," whispered Olivier to no one in particular, clutching a book to his chest. "Do you see the birds in the canopies?" He walked the trail, forgetting what friend he was going to see. "Do you see," he asked again. "How the birds blot out sun in the canopies?" He crossed the bridge over the creek, forgetting that he had walked this way several times before. "Do you see," he insisted, scratching at his skin. "Do you see that they are not birds at all?" He passed the church, then paused, looking up at the empty sky that only one tree interrupted. "Do you see," he continued gently, "It is night." And so he stood in the place where he was meant to meet his friend. Olivier looked up and saw him there, swaying slowly. He touched his own throat, then asked, "Is there something around my neck?" To which no one in particular replied, "Try again."

© 2015 SLOVA


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting tale. I had to read twice. A amazing job in so few words. Create journey, discovery and final place. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 9, 2015
Last Updated on November 9, 2015
Tags: death, suicide, punishment, limbo, dark, short story, macabre

Author

SLOVA
SLOVA

About
Got some growing up to do. 21 | Serbian | USA more..

Writing
A Song A Song

A Poem by SLOVA


Man in Profile Man in Profile

A Poem by SLOVA