Reasons.

Reasons.

A Poem by Mily

   I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, reasons for which we’ll never know. Some people will come into your life and leave footprints in our souls. What scares me is that you may never see someone again.. You will never know how or when you’ll see someone again, or if you ever will. Maybe you’ll meet them in a coffee shop, or bookstore or you might run into them in another country somewhere later on. But you will never know how much you’ll truly impact someone or how much they’ll truly impact you. And quite frankly. that’s an inevitable feeling. But I feel like that’s how life’s supposed to be.             

   You will always have a plan, whether you know it or not. Your plan will always be in fate’s pocket. They say that while you’re dying, you see your life, your whole life. It all flashes before you, every second, every millisecond. And I’m not sure why I find that so fascinating, yet I find very many things fascinating.. My mind wonders off to places I didn’t even know existed.. I wonder so many things, and it infuriates me to know that I’ll never get answers to most of them. But that’s what life is, a labyrinth. And you’re going to die trying to figure it out.. Some people get it and some don’t.. And that’s perfectly okay. Along the way you learn that a promise shall be a promise until the very end, and even then it should still be a promise. You vowed to keep that promise to that person forever. 

   Today I learned that there will never be a book that will simply tell you how to live life. In the end, it’ll truly be up to you. But there are a few things that I can tell you. Always follow your dreams, no matter how crazy and far they seem; those are the best ones. Always smile because you’ll never know who may be falling in love with you. Usually the people who may seem the happiest, have been through the most. Always learn from your mistakes. And people will always come and go, but the most significant ones aren’t the ones that stay in your life, but the ones that stay in your heart.                      


                                                               - Mily Paola

© 2022 Mily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thank you for sharing this Emily!
"They say that while you’re dying, you see your life, your whole life. It all flashes before you, every second, every millisecond."

I've experienced this one myself, I was very lucky to hang on to one particular flash that allowed me to regain consciousness...it was of my sons...

Peace and Light!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you for sharing this Emily!
"They say that while you’re dying, you see your life, your whole life. It all flashes before you, every second, every millisecond."

I've experienced this one myself, I was very lucky to hang on to one particular flash that allowed me to regain consciousness...it was of my sons...

Peace and Light!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wise. Beautiful soul. This: 'Always smile because you'll never know who may be falling in love with you' - it really gets me. and this "And I’m not sure why I find that so fascinating, yet I find very many things fascinating..' The way you say 'very many things', just that extra very, it conjures you up, your spiritual feminine essence.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mily

10 Years Ago

My writing is my way of dealing with things. I had a rough night when I wrote this.. It's effortless.. read more
Thaddius

10 Years Ago

Hell yeah.
i love this, its very expressive and I can tell you really poured your heart and soul into this piece. Its simply Gorgeous! Excellent job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mily

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I really did..
It really means a lot.
POETIC SOUL 2013

10 Years Ago

Thank you for allowing me to read it, i enjoyed it :)
This is very beautifully put, with a wonderful message. There's a true eloquence behind each line which makes this a very fluid read. I see this is free verse, but I'd put it into paragraphs, to make it seem more even more accessible... But this is truly excellent work. Keep writing, Emily.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mily

10 Years Ago

Thank you, it truly means the world to see that people enjoy my writing..
Its a truly a wonde.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2014
Last Updated on January 22, 2022
Tags: love, promise, life, live, book, directions, reasons, fate, dying, dreams, mistakes, time, wonders

Author

Mily
Mily

San Diego , CA



About
Welcome to the window to my heart, enjoy your stay more..

Writing
An Open Letter An Open Letter

A Poem by Mily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..