The Exquisite Work of Filmmaker Federico Cibils

The Exquisite Work of Filmmaker Federico Cibils

A Story by starpower
"

Fimmaker Federico Cibils

"

A lot of people who love movies aren’t aware that there is an incredible amount of absolutely terrific filmmaking going on right under their very noses. The high levels of creative brilliance is bringing about an artistic revolution in short films and feature films alike. We got to see a few films the other night that blew us away. They were shorts but had all the production values and great writing, other worldliness and especially terrific acting that the films of Kubrick, the Wachowskis and Christopher Nolan has given us.

 

Cloud 9, from director Grant Zizzo, is a remarkable film that we just didn’t want to end. It had all the ambience that you would expect to see and hear in a first rate science fiction film. It also had Federico Cibils, who played the character Walter. We have seen this very fine actor before in several films and stage plays and he never ceases to amaze us with his talent and dedication to his craft. His American English accent is one of the best we have heard in any actor. Federico is originally from Argentina and that country is probably crying for him to come back. Hopefully, Federico will continue to live and work in Los Angeles where he can continue to be part of the cutting edge of the best filmmaking in the world.

 

Another film in which our friend Federico participated in was Trapped. This movie developed by director Tara Niami for the 2017 American Film Institute Cinematography Visual Essays sponsored by Kodak and Fotokem. The director and writer of this project tapped in to the highly sensitive subject of sexual abuse. By taking the audience through the journey of a sexual abuse victim, we can see and feel the profound effect that it can have in a person’s life and how it can destroy it. The project was entirely shot on 35 mm film, which is becoming more rare every day, but which gives it a unique esthetic in texture, depth of field and color, impossible to recreate with digital technology.

 

Federico has been in too many stage productions, commercials and films to name them all here but we will mention a few of his films so you can see them on the Internet or elsewhere: Blue Hollywood, Time Speech, Shadow, Your Body, Chapter 7, and Dear Silence. These films will give you a taste of what a truly fine actor Federico is and you’ll be quite entertained at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on August 3, 2017
Last Updated on August 3, 2017
Tags: federico cibils, filmmaker, hollywood, movies

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing