The Countless Achievements of Film Editor Martin Asselin

The Countless Achievements of Film Editor Martin Asselin

A Story by starpower
"

Film Editor Martin Asselin

"



As most of us know, even if we are not in the movie industry, a film editor takes the raw footage of a film and basically puts it together to make a complete and coherent story. He or she could actually work with many thousands of feet of film and must organize all the shots and then combine them to ultimately make a complete motion picture. Martin Asselin, the Canadian film editor who has established himself as a first-rate film editor in Los Angeles, knows just what we’re talking about.

 

He has edited scores of short films, interviews, web series, feature-length films, TV pilots, documentaries, music videos and public service announcements. He has even written, directed and edited two short films, Revolt and The End. He has worked as an editor at Voxx Studios in Glendale, California, and graduated from the prestigious New York Film Academy in Los Angeles.

 

Martin has loved films and the process of making them since he was a kid. His whole family loved movies and they would all frequently go to the theater or watch movies at home. His interest in the arts was always supported by his family and they all enjoyed comedies and musicals, both of which Martin still feels an affinity for.

 

Some of the work that Martin is especially proud of include: his edited Monterey Jazz Festival interviews with Clint Eastwood and Quincy Jones and a feature documentary Visible, which is about the LGBT community in the Caribbean. It has already been previewed in Copenhagen and at the Kampala International Film festival, and is set for a world premiere at the 2018 Outfest LGBT Film Festival in Los Angeles. Several of the short films he has edited have been nominated for Best Editing awards and Best Shorts at film festivals. Just to name a few: Ofelia, Defining Moments, North of Ventura, I Am Erica and Once More.

 

Martin is a native of Montréal, Canada, and he is fluent in English and French and has a basic understanding of Spanish. He studied International Literature in college and is an accomplished photographer specializing in portraits, landscapes and wildlife images. After attending the New York Film Academy, he decided to focus on editing and has been working steadily ever since. When he is not working on editing someone else’s project, Martin is busy writing and developing his own films.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on April 19, 2018
Last Updated on April 19, 2018
Tags: martin asselin

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing