World Class Makeup Artist Sam Tansey

World Class Makeup Artist Sam Tansey

A Story by starpower
"

The incredibly detailed and eye catching work of Makeup Artist Sam Tansey

"



Samantha Tansey’s art can be seen across the spectrum of the entertainment industry. The makeup and special FX artist showcases her talent on feature films, television series, music videos, theatre, commercials and online content. Her credits include: ‘Judwaa 2’, ‘Fanged Up’, ‘VANish’, ‘Convention of The Dead’, ‘Thee Recluse: The Book Of Damon’.

 

In 2017’s, ‘Judwaa 2’, Samantha performed as the film’s makeup artist. Shot on location in London, India and the Philippines, the Bollywood feature starred some of the biggest names in the genre: Anupam Kher, Tapsee Pannu, Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline Fernandez, and industry icon, Salman Khan.

 

“Working with some of the biggest names in Bollywood was a lot of fun. It was so interesting working in a different way and in a different culture.” Samantha performed as the key makeup artist for the 2015 Netflix film, ‘VANish’. Filming in extreme heat in the deserts surrounding the Los Angeles area, posed specific challenges that called upon Samantha’s extensive training and expertise. ‘VANish’ stars, Maiara Walsh, Tony Todd, and veteran actor, Danny Trejo.

 

In 2017’s, ‘Fanged Up’, Samantha served as the film’s makeup supervisor. Filmed in Portsmouth, UK, at an old maximum security prison, the blood-sucking vampire themed shoot tested the cast and crew, who were covered in blood for most of the production. “We were covered in blood for most of it �" with some outrageous blood rigs, cannons and gags.”

 

Last summer, Samantha showcased her talents on the stage - employed with The Royal Shakespeare Company in the makeup and wigs department. The production of ‘The Tempest’, was performed at London’s Barbican Theatre, starring Simon Russell Beale. “By the end of the London tour, I was the queen at changing wigs and makeup in record time.”

 

From stage to screen, Samantha Tansey’s talents as a prosthetic artist, chief hair and makeup artist, makeup and wig artist, SFX designer and artist, hair and makeup artist can be seen in the acclaimed and diverse productions including: AMC Productions, Auto Trader TV commercial, WWE commercial for Smyth Toy Superstore, and Omni Productions - London.

 

Look for Samantha Tansey’s craft featured on the big screen in the 2018 feature film ‘Hawkbite’

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

500 Views
Added on July 21, 2018
Last Updated on July 21, 2018
Tags: sam tansey, makeup artist, beauty

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing