Leafs End Homestand with Disappointing Loss To Blues

Leafs End Homestand with Disappointing Loss To Blues

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

a recap of last night's St. Louis/Toronto game.

"
Rookie, Vince Dunn broke the hearts of Leafs fans by scoring in O.T. in last night's game in Toronto.
The Toronto Maple Leafs finished their long home stand with another disappointing loss to the St. Louis Blues last night.

The Leafs were 57 seconds away of winning 1-0 when Alexander Steen scored the tying goal with the extra attacker.

There was no scoring in the first two periods, however, the Blues outplayed the Leafs in the opening period.

In fact, during the first intermission, TSN analyst, Jeff O'Niell described the Leafs performance in the first period as garbage.

The Blues out shot the Leafs 14-7 in the first, (period).

Leafs Goalie, Frederik Andersen had a awesome performance in net in the first period.

At the end of the night, Andersen had stopped a total of 40 shots.

Toronto played better in the second period.  Shots were even 12-12.

Toronto finally opened the scoring at 10:10 of the third period when Connor Brown scored a short handed goal on a break away.

Unfortunately for the Leafs, Vince Dunn broke the hearts of Leafs fans at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto by scoring the winning goal at 1:43 of overtime to give the Blues the 2-1 victory.

Blue's Paul Stastny had two assists last night.

St. Louis's goalie, Carter Hutton stopped 30 shots.

Toronto heads to Philadelphia to take on the Flyers tomorrow night.

© 2018 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 17, 2018
Last Updated on January 17, 2018
Tags: NHL, Maple Leafs, Blues

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing