the Warmest Intrusion of a Shiver's Breath

the Warmest Intrusion of a Shiver's Breath

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

the Warmest Intrusion of a Shiver's Breath

 

 

lovely drafts,

the chill of hearts frozen together

in time,

in death,

in coincidence

 

reminds me of serendipitous discovery

on a familiar trail

of destiny

as I place my cold hands into my pockets

and walk as briskly

 

as the wind wafts into my musings

and love paints a cold moon

across the shadows

with my palette's wry smile. 

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

8/6/15

© 2015 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Perhaps a triptych of and in time: the melding, the hindsight and the wondering if? Plays that game as to why we blow on hands to warm them, we blow on a hot drink to cool it. Life is much the same but.. different. Maybe or.. not.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

your insights fascinate me...I am glad I write poems then get responses like this.

th.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
emmajoygreen

6 Months Ago

Sometimes, a reviewer feels something about a group of words that whisper so loudly, one - this one.. read more
Jacob,

I love this piece of Poetry that allows the imagination to interpret and see that which it expressly wishes to see ... Hope you pardon me for always stating that your writing is philosophical, but that is how I view the world around us, with all the laughs, the smiles, the pain and the hurts that is this life we have no choice but to live and endure, and that aspect sometimes gives a moment's reprieve of near to vengeance's satisfaction of whispering, "Are you happy now?" ...

Marve

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

You have brought back 2015 for my poetry and it appreciates you for that, Marve.
Thanks,
read more
jacob erin-cilberto,
Inner weather patterns and you are your own weather man. The first line was so intriguing! "The warmest intrusion of a shiver's breath. led me to the movement of life's memories and realities therein.
We move, we feel, we live as in a moving portrait through a wilderness landscape. "Reminds me of a serendipitous discovery on a familiar trail of destiny as I place my cold hands into my pockets and walk as briskly"
I felt a little frustrated in this review, as the whole thing was really needing to be analyzed as a whole. It is like a backwards walk in time.
Cool poem from a cool guy!

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

your review is quite good and appreciated...sometimes we react to poems in a non-linear fashion...th.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Jacob,
I really needed to recieve your input regarding interpretation. It is actually very f.. read more
Sinking into an awed breath I pause into a long stare into each word. The poem captures me into that cold walk, along side a poet in his creative place. What a write........speech echoing from here to Carbondale.

Regards,
Al

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, my friend.

j.
And love paints a cold moon across the shadows...Oh how I love the moon! Here it illuminates a corner of the mind that wants to recall memories that have been repressed for some time. Placing your hands in your pockets...and a wry smile...seems as though at your deepest levels you are still protecting yourself from the sting of the chill.

You may have noticed a moon theme emerging in my writing...hoping to get a collection together and publish with a friend that will write and record original piano solos to accompany my book. I really want to see this come to fruition! Wish me luck! :) Thank you for your inspiration as always.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

good luck with that project...it is fun to collaborate with musicians...for many, many years i did a.. read more
Larq

8 Years Ago

Sounds wonderful! Music enhances the sensory experience...that's for sure. Thank you.
"the chill of hearts frozen together
in time..."

i absolutely love this, incurable romantic that I am...

of course I see this not as "cold", but rather as those special moments lovers share that are frozen in the minds of the lovers so that they can never be altered....

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your insights, rubie.

j.
we can find warmth in the coldest places - even within frozen hearts - if we remind ourselves that at one point in time, love existed and flourished... or, we can garner warmth in knowing we have moved on...

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your words, FT. you always have such keen insights.
j.
excellent penning...love the images and the chill flow

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, jeannemarie...

j.
Certain moments in time are frozen together in our minds...and hearts...just as certain people are frozen to bits of us. Attached forever whether we want to be or not. The image of hands hiding in pockets trying to escape the cold is great. Smiling at the past and how it impacts the present.....a wry smile, but still a smile. Important to be able to find the humor is all facets of life, my friend. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your insights, lydi...your words are much appreciated.

j.
Really good piece. I love it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you, Kelsey Ann.

j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2015
Last Updated on August 7, 2015

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..