Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Prologue: End of Interview...

Prologue: End of Interview...

A Chapter by Flame DM
"

The very end of the interview between Briggs and Stella, but through Stella's perspective. Read and see how she handles it.

"

“Louie found me shortly after. He helped me get to the barn when the sun came and that’s it. That’s the story, are you happy now?” I asked.
My throat burned, my body ached and to be completely honest the great hunter was not anything I had expected. I had expected hostility, but this was about him. This had nothing to do with me. I had hoped that he would have set aside his hate for monsters like me to put his family first.
But I guess I was wrong there. All he did was stare at me. I had half a mind to tell him that there was ink splattered all over his face and dripping onto his shirt, his pants and the floor. He knew, though. Who honestly doesn’t feel ink all over their face. He chewed it lightly and it bothered me.
There was something about his chewing that made me feel queasy in the undead stomach. It was like the man was controlling every fiber in his body not to lunge at me and that pen was the only thing holding him back.
“Yes, yes I am.” He finally said.
Silence. I gripped onto my knee caps and my fingers tensed. “So?”
“So what?” There was a smug look on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. He wasn’t…was he going to do this to me the whole time?
No, no one is that heartless to their own family. Ellie had gone on and on how much her Daddy did for her. He wouldn’t just abandon me on this when it was about her and Louie. Louie would be an idiot and jump in on this and having Louis Briggs to rein him in instead of me would help get rid of the problem a whole lot quicker.
“Did you figure out your decision yet!” I snapped. This wasn’t fair! I did everything he asked me to, and the man was toying with me, but why? “I mean I held to my part, and the first part of the story only pertained to what was going on.”
He looked up at the ceiling, still chewing that pen. Was he wasting time? My hands tensed harder on my kneecaps. “So you grabbed me as soon as I went to town because you knew your sister was after me?” he said. That grin on his face…
“I didn’t grab you, your uncle took me to you!” I sighed. “Why are you stalling this part anyways? Why can’t you just answer my question?”
“And you made up this question so I would be busy on something else, once again eluding your sister from me?”
If I wasn’t pale enough already maybe I would have become paler. I felt rocks drop in the pit of my stomach. There was Piper in my head grinning like an idiot.
Oh Stella! He caught on to you! But to be honest, Stells, your just sooo damn predictable.
The sad horrible truth was, Piper would say those exact words to me right now if she saw him and me at this very moment. But I wasn’t making this up! The two problems just sort of mushed together and I thought, silly ridiculous me, that both could be taken care of at the same time.
“Well…I didn’t make it up, sir! This is serious! And just because it helps save your life in the end it doesn’t mean that I was wrong. I really really think that they’re out there in the woods!”
Briggs was no longer looking at the ceiling. He straightened his composure and I let go of my kneecaps. “And why do you say that?” he raised his brow and his pen was clamped down harder. Stupid pen. “I checked the woods myself and found nothing! And I hunt these things for a living!”
“What about the dog that attacked Damian that tried to save your kid?” I yelled frustrated. “There are NO dogs that are willing to attack us. I’ve been on earth that long to know!”
“The Jeffersons’ are missing their mutt,” the hunter smirked. “There is your answer.”
“The howls during the night? Wolf howls?” He was going to leave me alone…I couldn’t do this alone.
“Checked the woods.”
“What about the wolf that ate the elk! I didn’t imagine that!”
“For all I know you lied about that part,” he said calmly rising to his feet. “Besides, its about time I return to my job.”
I felt my face tighten. His job. Bah! What about Louie? What about Ellie? Uncle John? And Luna wouldn’t hold her piece if she discovered lycans in the area. She would have a field day. I honestly couldn’t handle two forces of magical mayhem. “Out west you mean?” I let out bitterly. “What about the lycans? What about your town?!”
He just gave me another smirk. I wanted to rip it off his face. I wanted to take that pen and jab it at him. I wanted to strangle him! I felt my body shake violently. My vision turned a tint of red. My fangs bit into my lip feebly. He was putting on a hat that looked like it came from the Indiana Jones movie. But why did I care about what sort of hat did he wear?
“You’re a vampire, aren’t you? And you seem to be doing a good job as it is protecting this place. My job is out there, not here. So you can do whatever you think is right.”
He didn’t just play the vampire card on me!? I wasn’t his frikken janitor ready to clean up this mess! I felt my anger bubble higher. “You’re not even going to help? If it’s a whole group I won’t be able to stop them. I’m just one girl! Briggs, every demon fears you, if you just showed your face they’d run. If I showed mine I’d be mince meat…”
“You wanted to die, didn’t you?” He asked. “Besides if I believed there was lycans here I would have done something.”
“That’s not the point!” I cried. “If I’m gone then Luna’s got free range again and then there’s lycans! Two hell forces! And you’re just leaving me to fight alone?!”
He rose from his seat. I could hardly move or breathe. Fixing his hat he brushed by me. I turned my head feebly seeing his hand on the doorknob. He gave me another smirk and that feeling of hate bubbled through me again. “Again, you’re a vampire. Figure it out.”
“But Mr. Briggs!” The door slammed.
What was I going to do now?



© 2008 Flame DM


Author's Note

Flame DM
I'm still working on Full Moon. Its taking me longer than I imagined because there are certain parts that I need to do research on @____________________@ this is what I get for having Stella live in Scotland! But here you all go! I hope to have more coming out for you soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 19, 2008


Author

Flame DM
Flame DM

Hull



About
Hey! Not sure what to really put in my about me, but I'm just gonna wing it, so everyone just bare with me. I don't really give out my real name, sorry, buuut that's just the way it is. You can know m.. more..

Writing
Day One 12/15/09 Day One 12/15/09

A Chapter by Flame DM