Through Death And Beyond

Through Death And Beyond

A Story by Zoya
"

The sky was dark. The room was cold. And I had a nightmare.

"
I had been fighting for long, and I was tired. A part of me had started to believe that I was witnessing the last of my sunsets.
The storms had me trapped in for so long that I had forgotten that any calm ever existed in this world.
And then you came.
Almost like those blissful showers on the barren ground that barely knew how to pull itself together, you came. I wouldn't have known how cold and numb I was if you hadn't cared enough to pull the quilt over my rugged feet. For the first time in forever, I felt warm, I felt protected, I felt loved, inside and out. Help came, and with it- a home.

But what is life without the change of seasons?

The winds reversed direction, and so did I. I am grateful for I realised soon enough that I had given much more than I had taken. No, not love; but problems, sorrows, miseries. What else could this pauper know?

I remembered those times when I would lie by the side of the road- helpless, hopeless and a lot more dirty. I'd silently scream, not for pity, but for help, and then wait for a pair of ears to pick up those vibrations, wait for a head to turn towards whatever that was left of me. Yes, God takes different forms to help His children, but mine was a beautiful one.

I would not even try to express my gratitude for I know I would never be able to repay you; not in this life.

No more debts, please, no more debts.

For now, the vagrant must leave. Don't come looking. With all the strength you've given me, I can easily walk a mile or two. And then, I must rest.

I must willingly give away myself to the inevitable before it comes for me. But do not worry. I have now watched the sun rise a lot more times than I expected or deserved. Do not worry, for I will carry you in my heart until the very end.

I will carry you in my heart through death
and beyond.

© 2018 Zoya


Author's Note

Zoya
I am so sorry I haven't been reviewing all those who have reviewed my work. School has been hectic, with all the tests and exams, but I'm going to make it up to you all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

beautiful zoe love this so much
and dont apologise
your school and tests and exams are important
dont feel guilty about anything you do or dont do
no one expects you to sit up and give reviews there is only so much time and hours in a day
sleep rest work play
dont feel guilty ok? plz

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, Julie! That means so much to me. Not going to feel guilty :))



Reviews

I often write about depression and i really know how it feels. It could even change a person to something they are not supposed to be. Again and Again, you're like writing up the thoughts i cant seem to express. Thank you for this one. Do what you have to do Zoe :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

That means so much, Gabby, it really does. Thank you :)
You've blown me away with this. I've forgotten how powerful and emotional your writing can be. The beginning invokes a certain familiar sadness many of us can unfortunately relate to. The following words seem to move themselves, and the reader is carried through a beautiful metaphorical journey. Painful, yet uplifting. Melancholy, yet optimistic. Two thumbs up!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Wish I could give two thumbs up to this review!
I'm so glad you felt this. Thanks a lot, Clif.. read more
This is absolutely amazing! Beautifully written, Zoe!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your appreciation, Giullia! So glad you liked it :)
I have no words.....my voice is in my awe!! Well freaking done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Thank you, emi! Glad you liked it :)
emipoemi

5 Years Ago

my pleasure.
This is a great metaphorical filled story! It's greatly detailed and the symbolism is so rad!! From one school kid to another, this totally makes up for being absent from here!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Haha, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A very uplifting story, Zoe.....

Your story of a vagrant, a homeless lost soul, is very touching. This stirred quite a few memories for me of my time in India, in particular of one little girl, a street peddler, who left quite an impression on me. A little feral, a little naughty, but nevertheless a cheerful little soul making the most of her tough existence. I dont know if she even had a home to go to but I saw her without fail everyday, always smiling, braving the traffic to sell her wares. Sometimes places like the Taj Mahal just cannot have the same effect as the smile upon the face of a little soul striving to make her life better. I sure hope she is doing well.

As always, very well written fiction, touching on an area grounded in realism, poignant and hopeful to the last sentence.

A wonderful write. Good luck with all those exams.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Trust me Doodley, I see tens and hundreds of little kids like her almost every day. They are so many.. read more
So beautifully made... love it. I could feel so much emotion in this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

So glad you could feel it, that's all I wanted! Thank you :)
Heart touching story buddy ♥ ♥ ♥.
Same problem is here college assignments practical blah blah.... 😂 😂 😂

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Haha, I feel you! Thank you for the read and review, Rahul :)
Amada

5 Years Ago

Always welcome ☺ ☺ ☺
This poem touched my heart.
It is so beautiful and I really like it.
You are a creative writer, and good luck on your tests and exams!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

So glad it touched your heart! Thank you very much for your time :))
A powerful story written. Dreams or real life. Lessons are taught. Thank you for sharing your words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Right you are, Coyote! Thank you so much :)
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Zoe.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

903 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2018
Last Updated on October 6, 2018

Author

Zoya
Zoya

India



About
Twenty-one and learning🌻 more..

Writing
Forevers Forevers

A Story by Zoya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Indigo Indigo

A Poem by moog-drika


Big Cities Big Cities

A Story by Zoya