I AM.......

I AM.......

A Poem by free2bme
"

This was written a year after the final assault I endured.

"

I AM……

 

 

 

I am battered, but not broken;

I am tattered, but not torn;

I am bruised, but not beaten;

I am weathered, but not worn.

 

I am confused, but not crazy;

I am sad, but not depressed;

I am angry, but not hateful;

I am equal, but not less.

 

I am here, but not together;

I am weary, but not lost;

I am mad, but not vengeful;

                I am a survivor, but at what cost?

© 2008 free2bme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am...
impressed. :-)
Flowed awesomely
The rhythming was great
All together, a job well done

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While my own experiences might never compare to yours, I was bullied and teased for years by my classmates until one day one of them started to physically and almost sexually harass me, and while eventually the school stopped it, my other classmates never treated me the same again. When I was younger and I believed this was the worst that could happen to me (I was nine), I actually considered committing suicide.

Not quite sure why I felt the need to tell you that, but I go with my impulses. I guess sometimes it helps to know we aren't alone.

So anyway, i loved this poem. It spoke to me deeply, and it was excellent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I learned about domestic violence at an early age. You know what you would like to see done to men who batter women so there's no point in me going into that. The main concern now is to be sure you're safe and what you'll do with the best part of your life ahead. It truly is going to be better.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

free2bme
free2bme

TX



About
I am a survivor of intimate partner violence. The healing road back has been long with many mountains and valleys. But...it is getting better all the time. I poured my pain and anger into my poetry. I.. more..

Writing