I Love you, Sylvia

I Love you, Sylvia

A Poem by Frieda P

Is it eccentric that you're my hero
that I sing praises to and beside 'Sylvia'
I see my insane reflection in your words
I aspire to be a genius in my pen's disaster
Words surge off the pages menacingly 
Knocks my heart on its  axis sideways
Pummels my soul to the chasm of hell's torment
Gone too soon, robbing timely light's passage
...........lived too many lifetimes akin to darkness



© 2012 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

she did live too many lifetimes akin to darkness...you have to know how much i love this poem and how much it fits her personality and life.

i did my masters thesis on Plath and Sexton.
and coincidentally her daughter's name is Frieda Rebecca Plath.

like the excerpt from the Bell Jar also.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks jacob, that's my favorite quote of hers...and I know. ;)



Reviews

Frieda, this is perfect and a wonderful tribute to one of the greatest poets of the world. I can assure you, if there is a way, she is looking down on your work, all that you write and whispering inside...finally someone has taken my place.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Jack, Sylvia Plath was probably the first poet I read as a teenager, and she has rema.. read more
I just recently wrote a Sylvia poem on here. This is great! I so feel it. Love how you added the handwritten words there. Her life and writing is so haunting, so stunning and breathtaking. Your writing here is a worthy tribute!
"I see my insane reflection in your words
I aspire to be a genius in my pen's disaster
Words surge off the pages menacingly
Knocks my heart on its axis sideways"
Good stuff!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sylvia's works echo man's sentiment. She had her heart and soul bared through her writing, which I thought a sign of bravery. It's just so sad that it came to a point when she took her own life. She was just 30, and she wrote well. She had a real voice in poetry. I always like her metaphors, like the Bell Jar.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i knew this was gonna be about Plath! so many women have a connection to her, and i do understand why...such a brilliant writer! a wonderful homage.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sylvia was a phenomenal poet that died at too young an age. Her demons took over and in some ways helped guide her hand, although at a terrible price. You did a fine job on this. Great writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very fitting that you are named Frieda P. it is a thoughtful and heartfelt homage to such a beautiful, tragic, talented woman. this line in particular caught my breath "I see my insane reflection in your words"... there is a universal suffering in that which connects you to her and all. adore the last two lines and the written quotes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much Circe, this was a special one for me to write. Glad you liked it.
Cool tribute, Frieda. "Daddy" was one of my favorite pieces by her. A great poet and great writer, she was. Thank you for sharing this piece, and bringing her back/ into my consciousness

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Diego, that was one that stood out for me, I connected with her.
Ah Frieda, the many shades of you, this is stunning, your voice shines through paying tribute to a hero, your hero and it is executed it beautifully. One of my favorites by you...


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

ha, did you think I was one hue? ;)
Thanks so much.
From all we take a piece and make it our own... from life we learn and make it our own...

May have to copyright that

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

686 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Want I Want

A Poem by rhythm&blues


Absurd Absurd

A Poem by Frieda P