The Golden Tomb

The Golden Tomb

A Story by fruityminyi
"

This is a part of a series call Missions United but I trying this out first. This story is about Melea and Eugene went to their missions and reached the Golden Tomb. They went in and...

"
Melea and Eugene was about to get off as the sound of the plane landing slowly turned into silence. They followed the directions given from the staff and slowly walked towards the center of the airport. They were planning their next transportation.1

"What's now? We only left 3 days to find the golden key, there was no time to lose!" said Melea.


Eugene unzipped his backpack and took the map out. He thought of renting a car would be the best choice for faster arriving time. Eugene looked towards Melea, asking for her opinion. Melea hesitated a while and agreed to the idea. They then went to the nearby car renting shop.
3

Eugene and Melea had received a mission from the headquarters a few days ago. It was about the golden key that hid in the Golden Tomb. There were rumors with regards to the golden key that it contained a treasury map. A lot of people gradually knew it and gathered their own teams in search of the golden key.


Both of them had finally rented a car. It was a five-seated vehicle and colored in bright red, just nice to match the scenery in the desert. Eugene sat on the driver seat and starts the engine and Melea sat beside him. The car had started.
"Wait!" Said Melea and the car went into a sudden brake.
"What?!" Eugene frowned.
He stared at Melea, expecting a valid explanation but that woman ignored him completely. Melea looked into her bag while checking against her list to ensure everything was there. Melea looked satisfied and put on smile on her face, urged Eugene to start the car. It seemed like she did not intend to please her partner who was about to burst off. Eugene took a deep breath, decided not to care what Melea will say and do later on until they reach their final destination, 'Golden Tomb'.5

Along the journey, both of them said nothing as they need to be mentally prepared. It was just the usual atmosphere where they had other missions in the past. The next usual thing Melea do was to check the map again. Finally, they had reached the Golden Tomb.
6

Eugene parked it on the road somewhere near the entrance and went down the car. As a gentleman, he walked to the other side and opened the door for Melea. Melea stepped down and looked up to have a glance of the Golden Tomb. It looked like a pyramid and was gold in color. They tied a invisible string to their car that pulled along, releasing more thread from Melea's bag
 and walked slowly towards the Golden Tomb.7

As they were about to reach the gates, the ground flipped suddenly and both Eugene and Melea went down to the endless pit. It was pitch dark and it took a while before they fall to the solid ground. They weren't unconscious while only suffered just a few injuries and scratches.
8

"Are you okay?" Eugene picked himself up and checked his partner.
"I'm fine, you too?" Melea sat up and looked at him.
Eugene nodded and helps Melea to stand up.They then held on to each other 

In front of them was pitch-dark and only a glimpse of light was seen from far. They had no choice but to follow it. As they went along, the light was getting brighter and wider until they reached a room that filled with lights.9

A terror brought to their spines as they saw the things happened in front of them.
10

It seemed like a team of treasure hunters went ahead of them as a group of zombies was devouring the victim who was screaming and shouting while those cold-blood creatures skim his meat alive. Finally, he was dead, gruesomely. 
11

Eugene and Melea glared at those zombies as they had been shocked and were terrified of the cruel scene, as they tried to hold their breath and were about to retreat, they saw something shinny besides those zombies. It was the golden key!
12

They went into situation of 2 choose 1, to try or to survive. 


They had no choice but to risk their life in getting their mission done as they had never failed before and never will. Missions were deemed as priority, it was told to every trainee before they become the official mission agent. Out of this generation, Eugene and Melea had been regard as the most potential couple agents in handling these kind of missions, they want it to be remained that way. Thus the killing spree will soon begin.


As those zombies had not discovered their existence, Eugene and Melea surrounded the zombies and assassin them. 2 had thei throat slashed, not dead enough but one more strike flew their heads off. The grand action had alerted the rest. They were no opponents to Eugene and Melea and were quickly got rid of. Eugene and Melea thought that it was an easy task and they were about to reach the golden key. They heard some footsteps and turned around; a zombie came out of nowhere and scratch Eugene face, he fall down and got a hit on the head. Melea hit the zombie with the knife and kicked him off. She hurry up towards Eugene and try to wake him up. Melea's noises had successfully disturbed Eugene's path to hell and managed to grab him back into this world. His eyes opened slowly but turned wide fast as he pointed behind Melea. Melea looked behind and it came out to be the zombie. He wasn't dead yet. Melea let go of Eugene and grabbed her blade  that was hanged on the back with both hands, it was told to her that unless extreme danger, do not use it. She wield with all of her strength, pulled the blade and finished the zombie. From the head till the body, it spilt into half, black blood spilling everywhere while roaring, giving a foul odour and finally dropped onto the ground. It was dead.


Melea gathered her last strength and walked towards the golden key. She picked it up and went back to sit beside Eugene Both of them laughed as the golden key shines in the dim light chamber...
16

© 2015 fruityminyi


Author's Note

fruityminyi
Please comment, whether you understand or not, just comment it. Even a "Read" will be appreciated..thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2015
Tags: missions, agent, adventure, zombies

Author

fruityminyi
fruityminyi

Singapore



About
I came from single-parent family but I had no problems with them. I liked writing and I have joined several sites, this is the latest one. Now, I have some stories in my hands and there are Legenda.. more..

Writing