Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

A Poem by Grace.

Thanksgiving is family grouped together, snuggled by the fire.

Its the little kids running and playing in the leaves, while the old women fuss over the turkey.

Its the men talking about the latest hunting and fishing.

The women coo over the babies and exchange recipes.

Thanksgiving is time for the dreaded family pictures to paste onto the Christmas cards. Cousins laugh and share stories while the little kids get cranky as it nears noon.

Finally, as all the food is set out,

Thanksgiving is being thankful.

The whole family makes a ring around the table, entwining their hands.

One by one, murming what they are thankful for to the Lord.

Crying takes place and you can feel His presence.

Then, its time to chow down.

Thanksgiving is eating until you burst.

Gobbling down ham and turkey, all perfectly seasoned.

Thanksgiving is a holliday.

A holiday that nobody should be alone on.

© 2011 Grace.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


No one should ever be alone unless they choose to be even then it can be rather foreboding. You are right Thanxgiving, I choose to spell it with an X, I like the way it looks, is a time of family and friends and a time for reflection to look back at the years and take stock of all that the family has achieved and then to give thanx to God above for everything he has given us in our sometimes dreary lives. Very Good Poem Grace.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

Grace.
Grace.

About
I believe in a lot of things. I believe in "love" at first sight, because I believe "love" is a small word. I believe in God. I believe in The Bible. I believe in dancing your heart out. I belie.. more..

Writing
Chapter One: Yeah. Chapter One: Yeah.

A Chapter by Grace.