The Story of Us

The Story of Us

A Story by Jules

I had never noticed him. He wasn't someone who stood out to me. I knew him as the nerdy Asian kid. But I had no idea he would become so much more to me.
 
We were connected through our dads, who worked together. My dad had mentioned him a couple times, and I knew he went to my school. But we didn't have any classes together, so I had never really talked to him. Besides, I had a huge crush on someone else, so there was no time for chatting it up with this random boy. Then, my crush started going out with another girl (What a surprise).
 
I was heartbroken. I knew I had to get over my crush. But for some reason, I couldn't. Meanwhile,  that other boy and I started talking more. It was mostly just sarcastic jokes and me making fun of him, but it wasn't until my eigth grade year that we became good friends.
 
In eigth grade, he was transferred to tech help, therefore moving him to the library. I was a library assistant, so we saw each other every morning. We also actually had classes together in eigth grade, so we hung out more and I got to know him better. I also was starting to get over my crush and realized he was a huge jerk. But was it possible I had fallen for this other kid? I mean, sure, we were friends. And that's all he saw me as, right? Besides, why would he like the girl who made fun of him every single day? Reasurring myself that all we would ever be is freinds, I pushed the feeling out of my head.
 
I treated him like crap. I kind of felt bad, but I was always joking and he knew that. And I think he understood that I treated almost everyone like that anyway. One day, I found out that he had written this script for a video. I could see he was attempting to make it a comedy, but was hopelessly failing. However, the basic plot was good and it had a lot of potential. So I decided to try and turn it into something worth reading.
 
We started working together and created a mini series of these videos. We cast kids from our class, and wrote more scripts. I was actually kind of surprised at how much he let me help. He was always talking with me about those videos. It's like he wanted to talk about them every second of the day.
 
We had set up a chat room to discuss things like scripts and where to film. We talked on there a lot. One night, he was acting seriously weird an when I asked him what was up he just said I needed to be patient. Like that was going to happen. So I guessed what everyone had been saying for weeks and what I was secretly thinking in the back of my mind. He had a crush on me. When he said yes, I could no believe it. How could he possibly like me after all those months of my degrading humor? At first I thought he was pulling a prank on me. He had probably planned it all out with his friends. A way to get back at me, for sure. But I could tell he wasn't joking. I left the chatroom for a few minutes to pack my school bag and try to come to terms with this new found information. How long has he liked me? Who else knows? When I came back, I told him I wasn't sure how I felt and I could still hardly believe it. Over the next few weeks, I started realizing I liked him back. I could see this was exactly how it should be. After all, don't the best relationships start out as friendships?
 
You probably are doubting that this will all work out in the end and we will have a perfect fairytale ending. Even I doubt it sometimes. But then I talk with him or read one of his songs, and I can see that whatever the world throughs at us, we'll make it out stronger.

He is the best thing I could ever call mine. We are fifteen but we never want to grow up as long as we're with each other. So, as I wrap up this love story, you'll hear us screaming long live because

 
We. Are. Infinite.

© 2012 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw thanks :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
I liked how you used the same beginnings and the same end line too...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012

Author

Jules
Jules

FL



About
I like ghost stories, 80s music, fashion, musicals, owls, and writing. I hope you like my writing! more..

Writing
The Institution The Institution

A Story by Jules


English writing English writing

A Story by Jules


The Inheritance The Inheritance

A Story by Jules