Inevitable

Inevitable

A Poem by hayley
"

Regret and real life happenings.

"

A single tear drops down my face, engulfing me with pain and sorrow. I strive not to remember, but his face keeps flickering back to my mind. People tell me to behave, when really I crave. I don’t know what to feel anymore. He put all my days to rest, now all I’m left with is a broken chest. I try to imagine what life would still be like if he was here, when I realize it’s never going to happen, and that he was truly gone forever.

© 2010 hayley


Author's Note

hayley
Tell me what you think. Reviews are highly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's great but I am a little confused at the half rhyming half not. Unless I am not getting the pattern.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice poem here Hayley. The broken chest comment is very powerful and emotional. A lot of people will connect with this painful poem. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice poem of yours hayley. sometimes it's really inevitable but someday you'll be able to move on.. I guess... :))

Posted 13 Years Ago


a nice cluster of words to express the pain you feel

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2010
Last Updated on May 19, 2010

Author

hayley
hayley

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
I am a twelve year-old girl who adores the Arts and Crafts of Literature. I have read many novels throughout the years and have loved all of them. You can't judge a book by it's cover! more..

Writing
Bloodlust Bloodlust

A Book by hayley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..